NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mighty 390 Intake Manifold Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 7:19pm
Thanks Peter! I wasn't sure. The Black appears to have the best oil resistance of the Permatex sealers/gasket materials, however, the Ultra Gray appears to be suggested for water pumps and thermostats, so I figured it may work too. Would rather just use one sealant for everything if possible.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 9:09pm
Permatex Red - can't remember why but as its still stuck to plenty of my work shirts it's easy to remember what I used
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 10:13pm
Too many sealants to choose from!! I am probably over-thinking which one to go with. Below is a cut/paste of the various sealants from the Permatex website. The Black does say it can come in contact with antifreeze solutions, which was my biggest worry. So, I guess it's okay to use.     

Ultra Black: Replaces most cut gaskets. Good adhesion and flexibility.

Can come in contact with automotive fluids, such as motor oil, transmission fluids, alcohol and antifreeze solutions. Not recommended for parts in contact with gasoline

Ultra Gray: Valve covers, oil pans, transmission pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings

Can come in contact with automotive fluids, such as motor oil, transmission fluids, alcohol and antifreeze solutions. Not recommended for parts in contact with gasoline.

Ultra Red: Valve covers, oil pans, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings

Replaces almost any cut gasket by making reliable “formed-in-place” gaskets that resist cracking, shrinking and migrating caused by thermal cycling. Coats pre-cut gaskets to increase reliability. Coats pre-cut gaskets to increase reliability. Temperature range -65?F to 650?F (-54°C to 343°C) intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2014 at 10:28pm
And this also showed up on in the mail today.

Apparently it's called a "intake water pump bypass tube". Found it on ebay for $6.00. Thank you Gary

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 10:45pm
I know you guys like pictures. Thought I would post a few pictures of "Project 390". Engine and tranny are in. It's been a fun project. Rebuilt both the engine and transmission. Still need to make all the connections, carb, distributor, etc.   

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 11:21pm
Dave,
Good to see that thing go back in where it belongs. Should make for a fun spring. Sad there is currently not a matching red CC to pull behind it. I thought maybe you would bolt an A/C pump on this time around.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2014 at 12:07am
Dave....It's got a 360 air conditioner already. 3 windows, including sliding rear window, and 60 MPH . Air conditioning is just one more thing to go wrong.

PS: My next Correct Craft will be blue. Red, white, and blue won't be a bad combination.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2014 at 12:09am
"Next CC" thats what I have been waiting to hear!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic