NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Lift Motor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Lift Motor
    Posted: July-14-2014 at 12:40am
Looking to save my back and wanted to know your thoughts on a friction drive "Lift Mate" for my shore station 36108. For those who have one, how do they operate? 12v or 110v, which performs better? Any negative remarks? I would like to purchase a direct drive "side winder" but the funds are just not there. Looking on craigslist for a good deal. Thanks ahead of time and have a good one.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 2:02am
No experience with the Lift Mate brand specifically. However, I have the actual Shore Station brand AC110 friction motor for my lift up north and we have the 12V version at the ski club. Both work really well. The AC version is probably 10X faster cranking but both are far, far better than cranking manually.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 9:47am
One advantage of the friction style is you can still crank manually, I only use the motor for UP, much faster to spin it down with the wheel.
If you go 110 be certain you are on a GFCI protected breaker or circuit.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 12:50pm
I don't have much experience with boat lifts but you'll want a 120, preferably 220. And ALWAYS make sure everything on dock is GFIC like Quinner said.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2014 at 11:40pm
Thanks everyone, going to search for a 110v and probably going to have to wait till end or beginning of the season to get a good deal. Appreciate the input
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2015 at 1:18am
Update.......

I decided to go with the 110V AC Lift Tech Marine Wheel Motor with a dealer out of Michigan. The dealer gave me a great deal since it was unused 2012 model with warrenty in the box sitting on its shelf. The sales rep was great to work with and propt to any questions I may have, as an engineer, there were a lot . Well the bad news, I open up the box and was inspecting the motor lift and notice one of the electrical wires was cut, crimped together and seperated Also one of the motor screws was loose. I was pissed so I contacted the dealer and they apologized left and right and was willing to discount further or return the motor lift on their dime. Before attempting to repair/replace the wire, I decided to tie the wires together to see if the motor will turn over but was unable to get the motor to turn over.

Good news....

Since I knew the dealer would cover all cost on returning and I had nothing to loose, I decided to contact the manufacture Lift Tech to get their recommendations and boy am I glad I did I send them all the pictures, description of what happen and without any hesitation they made arrangements with UPS to pick up the motor the next day. Then, Lift Tech was going to replace the entire unit with their newest design wheel motor and mounting system for my shore ststion lift. I was shocked and surprised how this company took quick action. So this is a shout out to Lift Tech Customer Service and I appreciate it

Wanted to share incase anyone is on fence of purchasing a lift motor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic