Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spark Plug Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spark Plug Question
    Posted: March-23-2006 at 7:54pm
What motor takes autolite 25 ? I've got a 82 sn 2001 w/ ford 351 . I put in Autolite 24 plugs gapped at .35 . Previous owner had Autolite 25 plugs gaped at .40 . Please help and tell me what motor takes the autolite 25 . ( just wondering )THANKS ! Dan     P.S. Thanks for help on previous post .       
martini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 9:43am
Autolite 25's are one step "hotter" than the 24's. The previous owner was probably having problems fouling plugs, thus stepping up to a hotter plug to counter any carbon build up. The 25's are for the 351, just a different temperature range than the 24's. You can run 25's with no problem.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 10:06am
...and if ignition modifications have been made (i.e. electronic, no points) then the PO open the gap a bit to take advantage of the better spark control.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic