Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower and Floor Project

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kscarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kscarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower and Floor Project
    Posted: January-31-2006 at 11:19am
Although I have a Malibu Skier and not a SN, I have been reading this forum for some time now. Many of the issues and problems that SN owners come across, are also issues with the Skiers. I guess several of the mid '80's compet*tion inboards were very similar. I read through diytower.com and "Building A Tower" on this forum and I thought I could do that, so I started hunting down the material and a bender. I now have the tubing bent and the tower clamped together for a test fit on the boat. I have the fittings ordered that will allow me to fold the tower down when needed and once they come in I will have it welded together. I always enjoy viewing pics of projects so if anyone’s interested you can see mine at

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=236846&ck=

At the end of last season I had a few soft spots in the floor which has now turned into a total floor replacement. The main stringers a still in good shape but the secondary stringers are being replaced and new foam poured. You can see pics of my floor project at the same site. I have read quite a bit about different flooring materials and right now I’m leaning towards using BC plywood that have been coated several times with resin before its installed. Once I have it in, I’m thinking about having it sprayed with a smooth texture Line-x bedliner. I will top it off with a snap in carpet that is cut to fix and edge bound.

Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I’ve enjoyed others from this forum and any help or advice that you can give would be appreciated

Kevin
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 2:14pm
Welcome. There's all types here. I know there's at least one Centurion owner, and at least one Supra owner. Even one of the guys who collects old CCs, will sheepishly admit that he owns 1 MC.

Neighbor had an 85 Bu skier. Put 2800 hours on that boat. Rudder fell out and ran it up on the rocks at speed. Insurance settlement was almost as much as he had into it, and used his money to by a 98 CC. Can't beat that.

Pics look like you do nice work.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 8:07pm
Welcome KSC.
SN or not I'm sure most will appreciate the projects you've taken on and offer input if needed. I'm not a tower guy, but I admire the fact your building your own! Looks solid.

I'd say a guy that get's his son interested enough to put down the video game and help dad in the garage can't be all bad!!

Good luck, post pics along the way.
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
jos1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jos1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 12:26am
Hi Kevin, KSCarter

I have some questions about building the tower,
please send me an e-mail so that we can exchange info.

emailadres = metalx@wxs.nl

Jos

jos
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 10:43pm
Wow, you can really see the result of blind foam injection there! Good luck with the project, looks like you have a good start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic