Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$350 - 318 Long block and a stand

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $350 - 318 Long block and a stand
    Posted: December-14-2012 at 12:13pm
This engine was running last winter when I bought my boat. Used it once then winterized it. Previous owner stated it was rebuilt by his friend. Fresh water engine with the exception of a one hour test drive in my creek off the Chesapeake Bay. Engine ran smooth, needed a tune, gummed up carb, old spark plug wires, etc... I'll throw in the holley carb that came on this engine for free to whom ever takes the engine. I've got way too much crap in my basement and don't want this in the house. This would make a great winter project or replacement for someone in need. Have a video of it running if interested. It's got to go!

Upgrading to a 360 and don't need it.

Thanks

Chris
1968 Barracuda Super Sport
Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2013 at 2:45am
Chris,

Penny for your thoughts - 360 upgrade?

I know the 360 is a LM engine, but where did you find a RR 360? Or did you SR it and change the trans pump and prop?

Tony
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2013 at 4:51pm
Chris, maybe try Ebay? I just sold mine on there. You should have no problem getting your asking price on there because it's a national audience. Just thought.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 11:30am
Tonali,

I just called Jasper engine and told them what I have and what I wanted to upgrade to. They sadi most if not all parts would bolt up. Thats as far as I went with the exercise. I could be way off though and I'm sure there are far more expereinced people on the forum that could answer this question.

Silver 15,

I'll probably just keep the engine for now. I'm moving, have put an offer in on a house, no extra cash so I'll keep the goods...

Thanks for the thought.
1968 Barracuda Super Sport
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Silver15 Silver15 wrote:

Chris, maybe try Ebay? I just sold mine on there. You should have no problem getting your asking price on there because it's a national audience. Just thought.

SIlver how much did you sell it on ebay for?

I'm going to have an extra one here shortly......What all did you have?

I was planning on parting mine out on ebay instead of one complete piece.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 2:00pm
I got $300 for the engine itself with a blown head gasket without the intake manifold and water pump. Sold the intake manifold to someone else on ebay for $75. Sold the tranny for 350. Haven't sold the waterpump yet. I made out pretty well all things considered. I would guess you could get $400 or so easy depending on condition and what you have with it, but I'm no expert. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Peter,

Waht kind of engine are you getting rid of?
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
65Cuda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2013 at 2:36pm
Haven't tried starting this one yet, picked it for the exhaust manifolds.

I hooked power up to the starter and the engine cranks over, just didn't try to do much more after that. It does not have a water pump or alternator and of course exhaust manifolds (unless you really need them).

Not sure if anyone is interested in this one...

kev8102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev8102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 9:27pm
you still have the motor?
kevin S Irwin
65Cuda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 9:57am
yes I do.
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Tonali_III Tonali_III wrote:

Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Peter,

Waht kind of engine are you getting rid of?

A 1968 CHrysler 318 missing Water Pump and Water Intake like Silvers.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic