NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Torino Project (07-05-06 Update)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2006 at 11:20pm
Guys
The rub rail was not replaced. I did rework it, though. You can buy that same one at rubrails.com
Larry, We can restore or custom work a boat for you anytime.
Scott
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 12:39am
nice job on boat!!! it looks like the same hull im doing on my 1970 swinger,it is in the diaries section,where are you in ohio?im close to akron/cleveland area,thanks dan,my will get attention sometime this winter when time allows,luckly i have a 93 to get out on the water,so i can take my time on my project ,what type of paint did you use/how many coats,
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 9:49am
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

nice job on boat!!! it looks like the same hull im doing on my 1970 swinger,it is in the diaries section,where are you in ohio?im close to akron/cleveland area,thanks dan,my will get attention sometime this winter when time allows,luckly i have a 93 to get out on the water,so i can take my time on my project ,what type of paint did you use/how many coats,

I live near Cinti..Mason Oh. by Kings Island.
I applied two coats primer, two coats paint, and two coats of clear
Good luck with your project.
Scott
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 11:10am
Killer boat Scott !!!
Still thinking of two-toning the interior?? I think it would look really cool with a little brighter color inside that beauty.. Hell forget the expense and go for it !!! doh'

Moj'
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 7:13pm
I am thinking about beige carpet and white or off white seats. The problem is..there is nothing wrong with the current green.
Scott
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by scott8370 scott8370 wrote:

I am thinking about beige carpet and white or off white seats. The problem is..there is nothing wrong with the current green.

Uh huh. And there's nothing wrong with Green
Shag carpet and Avacodo appliances either

It's all good. Original Green or a little updated tan or off white. Either way will look good.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 7:40pm
Brian
I would like to change the color..and I just might. The green is new (2 yrs) with no tears or worn areas.Also, the boat will be for sale when completed..So I need to watch spending $$
Scott
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 8:11pm
Yep, there's some things for which you just won't get your money back. Tough call. It's a rare boat, and you'll make it look like new. On the other hand it's not exactly a Gar Wood or a Riva. The market probably does have a cap on what it will pay for such a boat. Maybe Ultrahots will hook you up with Alan Jackson. He seems to have a few bucks and an appreciation for rare ski boats BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2006 at 8:41pm
Alan
If you are reading this....call me!
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic