Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 and earlier SAN 210 for surfing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 and earlier SAN 210 for surfing
    Posted: October-03-2012 at 9:53pm
I'm looking at upgrading to one of these but am concerned about the wave it generates compared to some other brands like Tige, Centurion, MB, Malibu and Supreme. I am biased toward Nautiques. I know the prop rotation changed from RH to LH in 2006. I am regular footed so I am really interested in this year. It seems the 2007 and later are priced out of my price range, probably due to all the upgrades made that year. Does anyone have a pic of the wave from a SAN 210? Any comments on surfing with one of these? How did you weight your boat?
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
jbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 2:05am
great wakeboarding wake and good surf wave on the 210s IMO. i wouldn't limit yourself to only LH rotation boats (06) though. not that significant of a difference between the two. for surfing regular, i have a 400lb bag on top of the factory hard tank. a 750lb in the locker and about 150lb of lead in the port side bow. i'll see if i can dig up a picture.

wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 3:23am
I've been doing a lot of research on surfing on Wakeworld and Nautique just does not get much air time at all. Neither does Mastercraft. The brands I listed are what everyone talks about or is using. I don't think the wake for wakeboarding on those brand boats is anywhere near what the the classic SAN hull puts out. Wakeboarding is my first priority so I'm not expecting a perfect wave from a SAN just something that is decent when its blown out and choppy.
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 3:28am
Originally posted by jbach jbach wrote:

great wakeboarding wake and good surf wave on the 210s IMO. i wouldn't limit yourself to only LH rotation boats (06) though. not that significant of a difference between the two. for surfing regular, i have a 400lb bag on top of the factory hard tank. a 750lb in the locker and about 150lb of lead in the port side bow. i'll see if i can dig up a picture.

Welcome to the site by the way! Thats good to hear about not limiting the years. What year SAN do you have? Any mods to the ballast? Would love to see a picture.
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
jbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 2:03pm
thanks. it's a 1999 SAN. i have the boat torn apart right now for some overdue maintenance. the original ballast system is long gone sans the hard tanks. i have 4 jabsco water puppies, one each for the hard tanks, one for ski locker bag and one for the surf bag that i can move to whichever side we want to surf. here's the boat, i don't have any pictures handy of the system but i'll try to remember to take some.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic