NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting out another 80 model Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 5:22pm
Unboxed the rudder this morning- thanks!

The 2nd gen platform is slightly different from the Tique. Ive posted the dimensions of the Tique version, I know someone did the SN as well. The brackets will be significantly different, as the transom shape (both rise and swing) is radically different between those 2 hulls. No way they'll interchange.

Edit, just read back and noticed that the question was if the brackets would fit a '77 American Skier (not Tique). I dont know the answer to that, but I suspect not. The American Skier used the same hull as the Mustang 17. Much of the running gear was common to the 16' Mustang, but the beam was the same as the SN. Not sure if the transom would be the same (or similar) to either boat.

That boat is an '80 based on the fancy speedometer transponder on the left side. That was a '80-only thing.
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 5:48pm
Tim....the date code on the back is M80E. If I'm not mistaken that makes it an 81 model built Dec. of 80. I looked in the brochures in the ref section and the Classic had that same transponder in the 81 brochure. Have I missed something?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:08pm
ICBW about the speedo, but have never seen or heard of that transponder/speedo used in '81. Just a guess, but the brochures frequently used the previous year models or pre-production boats.

I think youre confusing the 1984+ HIN scheme with the earlier one. The last digits in the older convention referred to the "hull certification date", not the model year. I am not sure we've ever definitively answered what the certification date refers to... but Ive found that the 2 digits appear consistent with the model years on the boats Ive owned from that era ('78, '79, '80, '81).

HIN decoder

Does it say something about being an anniversary boat on the transom? Every '81 SN Ive seen has some wording to that effect stamped into the left side of the transom under the rub rail (opposite the HIN). No such stamping on the '80's.
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:25pm
No stamping on it. So maybe not a classic. Doesn't matter much...there is no interior in it. I think about the only other real difference in the 80 and 81 was in the side windows for the most part.

I'm not confused about the HIN scheme but the certification thing in and of itself is confusing. From what I've read, it means that the hull was certified in DEC. of 80....which would have to be an 81 but it could also mean that the hull was certified in DEC. of the 80 model year or essentially DEC. of 79. Which is why I'm asking. Everything I'm finding on the web says...it's an 81. But....there are few fiberglass boats that are more restored than Correct Crafts....Chris Craft, maybe Century....so I figure the most likely people to know are on here.

UPDATE:

Looking at the brochure, that is definitely an 81 model Classic in the brochure because the interior is different. That doesn't mean that CC didn't pick a few of the 80 models off line for the brochure and update later.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:31pm
If the certification date has anything to do with the manufacture date, then I would agree that a boat built in 12/80 would have been a '81 model year... but I dont believe we've confirmed that. All signs point to the boat being a '80.
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2012 at 6:53pm
The side vent window has two holes. From what I can find on here....that's an 80 model.   The 81 only had one hole. So I'm inclined to agree Tim.
wideopen44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wideopen44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 1:49am
Do you still have the 351w And is it in good shape?

Looking for at least heads and maybe long block.

Let me know.

wideopen44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wideopen44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 1:49am
Do you still have the 351w And is it in good shape?

Looking for at least heads and maybe long block.

Let me know.

TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 11:05am
I do have the 351. It appears to be in good shape. I have pulled the pan and inspected it. It looks very clean. I have not put a compression check on it yet.

As for heads, I have a set of 351 heads I had reworked that I was going to post for sale here. If you are interested in the heads PM me about them.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by TX Wind TX Wind wrote:

The side vent window has two holes. From what I can find on here....that's an 80 model.   The 81 only had one hole. So I'm inclined to agree Tim.

Yes, my 80 vent windows do have the two holes. One for the adjustment arm and one for the locking handle deal.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2012 at 12:57am

I could use the Port Side Vent Window. Do you still have it. This will be the other side of the boat than you pictured. It is the passenger or observer side of the boat. Not the driver side.

I am talking about the vent window glass and the metal hinge. This is the piece of glass with the adjustment arm and tee locking handle. I am willing to buy both sides if you want to sell as a set, but I just need the observer side. The metal hinge is what I am really after, but will take the entire assembly.

How much to 28037 Zip Denver, NC. tilley166@bellsouth.net. [/QUOTE]
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2012 at 1:13am
Jeff, Got the box of gauges, tach and speedo. All arrived safely; Now to plug and play. Thanks, Todd
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 4:43am
Right rotation engine, spins freely but no compression. It's blowing by the exhaust valves. However, this engine has absolutely no sludge build up. It's very clean. Make me an offer on it. Probably a quick re-ring job and a hundred bucks at the machine shop will get this back in working order. If no one makes me an offer, I'm going to break it down and ebay it off.

I still have the tranny as well. If no one makes me an offer on it, I'm sending it to ebay. The tranny has been tested and is good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 2:12pm
Jeff,

What about that port side vent window? Do you have it?

Thanks,

Donald
v.getem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v.getem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2012 at 6:00pm
Interested in the shaft and coupling, and backseat. If any are still available please let me know. Thanks
Towbosssupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towbosssupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2012 at 11:54pm
How about the observers seat, its 2 mounting rails and 4 thumb screw wheels shipped to Mullins S.C. 29574 to a business address ? Try me at abctowing29574@bellsouth.net , Thanks Keith
Tow Boss Supreme 71 Separator(sold) 70 Barracuda ,80 S.N ,88 Barefoot Nautique 78 American Skier 78 Martinique 77 Fish.N 67 Skylark 69 Baracuda 70 S.N. 73 Mustang,65 Century Coronado H.T 70 Century Corona
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2012 at 3:12pm
Bump
TX Wind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2012 at 1:15am
Sorry guys....it's all gone. I sold the whole package.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic