NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Propeller for 90 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
roadkingpuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadkingpuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propeller for 90 SN
    Posted: November-16-2005 at 6:51pm
We have a 90 SN that we use primarily in a slalom course. Engine is PCM 351, 240 HP, 1.23:1 tran. Our last time out we dinged the prop. So, we are thinking about getting a new prop in addition to repairing the original. What is the recommended prop for this type of boat when it is used mostly for skiing? The prop we use now came with the boat; not sure of the size/pitch.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 5:40am
You have a couple of good choices for new props. I would stick with Acme- most people seem to be very pleased with them (including myself).

I am actually in the process of choosing a prop for my '90 as well. We had good a good experience going from an OJ 4-blade to the acme 422 4-blade on our 92. They now have a 3-blade available that fits, so I asked them which they recommended. This was Acme's response:

"The 422 12.5 RH 15.5 four blade nibral 1” bore .105 cup is still a good choice for your 1990 Ski Nautique. We do recommend the 470 12.5 RH 15 three blade nibral 1” bore .105 cup. When a person is interested barefootin. The 470 will give on the average of 1 mph more top end speed with no loss in hole shot + a bet better wake for skiing."

In short, I will be ordering the 470 3-blade. If I dont like it, I can return it for the 422 4-blade, since I know that is still a great prop.

As far as where to get it, check out deltaprop.com. With the discount code PNACME05 you can save an additional 5%. Its the cheapest I have been able to find them.
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 7:43pm
The standard prop is a 14x16.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 8:35pm
Agree with TRBenj. 4 Blades were popular for a while, but with the new acme 3 blade, folks are going back to 3 (at least for the DDs)

On the V Drives, the recommendation still seems to be the 4 blade.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadkingpuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 11:46pm
Thanks for the info.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadkingpuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2005 at 5:06pm
Talked to the folks at Acme. They recommended either the #612 (three blade) or the #422 (four blade); said both would be good for skiing. Does anyone out there have experience /opinion regarding these two props? Thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2005 at 8:00am
I spoke with Acme again as well. I asked how much the #470 (12.5 x 15 3-blade) differed from the #612 (12.5 x 15.25 3-blade). They said the #612 should be 1/2 mph faster on the top end, and the #470 would turn 50 RPM more.

Since I plan to modify my motor in the future I think I will try the #612. If you plan to stay at 240 hp, the #470 may be the way to go. I think both props would slightly outperform the #422 4-blade.
bobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2005 at 7:17pm
www.boarditup.com, a home business I think but Carl will hook you up and offers best price I have seen on Acme. Easy to return, no hassle. I just got a new acme 4-blade for my 92 Nautique Excel, couldn't get a 3 blade that fit right, and the 4 blade is encredible and super smooth.
92 Nautique Excel
02 SANTE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic