Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winterization

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jimbodawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbodawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterization
    Posted: October-13-2005 at 5:48pm
I'm looking to winterize my 79 Ski Tique (302) for the first time. My previous boat was a 92 Crownline Inboard Outboard (It was a peice of junk compared to the Ski Tique!)

Here's what I did to winterize my inboard/outbaord:

1. fill up with fresh gas & add fuel stabilizer
2. add ~ 5 gallons of 50% to 50% mixture water/antifreeze to the bock (I have a "kit" that enables the outdrive to suck the water mixture into the block)
3. spray "Anti fog" into the carb to keep it from gumming up

What do I need to do for an inboard/direct drive winterization???

thanks,
Jim
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2005 at 6:04pm
Yo Jimbo... check out the threads under "boat maintenance"
NO LONGER A MEMBER
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2005 at 6:42pm
You can use the method of your choice to get anti-freeze in to the block. There are a couple of other things you need to do as well. There is a drain plug in the tranny cooler that need's to be removed to drain the water from it and the impeller should be removed from the raw water pump to prevent it from taking a set and shortening it's life span. Now their are a lot of people on this site that like to waste a lot of anti-freeze and use three times as much as needed by sucking it up through the pick-up hose, In that case you don't need to drain it because you will have anti-freeze in every thing but if it starts to leak at a hose fitting then you will lose some or all of your anti-freeze or some cretter get's into your boat and eats through a hose. I prefer to have anti-freeze in the block only and disconnect the hoses to the exhuast manifolds and leave them dry, as well as every hose from the t-stat housing back to the hull pick-up.

You can go the the reference section ( top banner ) and look at the manuals for step by step instructions or you can go to SKIDIM's website and they list it as well.

I prefer to fogg the motor through the carb and each cynlinder as will after that, but I always remove the spark plugs and re-fogg each cylinder and crank the motor over with-out the plugs in when I un-winterize it for the season and replace the spark plugs with new ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic