Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dual Trumpet Horn

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bhedbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bhedbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Trumpet Horn
    Posted: October-10-2005 at 8:54pm
Looking for a dual trumpet horn for a 1972 Southwind. Anybody?
Barry, South Carolina
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2005 at 3:09pm
Closest thing I know of is sold new at West Marine .
Mike
shum8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shum8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2005 at 9:33am
I found a dual trumpet horn while cleaning out. I know for a fact that it came off a mid 70s CC. Sorry to say, but I could not get them to work. I was afraid to take them apart and try to fix them. Sometimes you can take them apart and clean the contacts and get them to work. They make a faint clicking noise like they are trying there best to work. Any ways if you are still interested, email me. They are missing the stainless loop and the rubber grommet that actually holds the trumpet to the bracket. Both brackets are there.
Scoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2005 at 4:18pm
My trumpet horns clicked a while back before I rewired the boat (actually a friend who knew what he was doing rewired the boat). After that the clicking went away and the horns now work.

Maybe I was just lucky.
Bhedbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bhedbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2005 at 12:48pm
Thanks fellows! I found a nice stainless dual horn on ebay for $70. . I can't wait to see it shine on the bow next summer.
Barry, South Carolina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic