Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LH Rotation Ford rebuilt starter $75 shipped

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LH Rotation Ford rebuilt starter $75 shipped
    Posted: February-24-2012 at 12:28am
Hi Guys, cleaning out the garage. I have a LH (standard) rotation ARCO #70100 rebuilt starter for sale. This fits Correct Crafts with LH rotation Ford motors (89 or newer I believe). I believe will work on 351 or 302. I bought the wrong starter for my older Correct Craft with RH rotation motor. Never used it. I believe I paid about $150 on Ebay a couple of years ago. My loss, your gain. $75 shipped to you in the lower 48 states.

- Tom

He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
sweet1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 1:05am
Would this work in a 1977 302 Ski Tique? (I'm not sure if it is a left or right hand.) If it would work, I would buy it.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about”

Charles Kingsley
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 1:09am
sweet1, unfortunately it won't work in your boat. It would bolt up but the rotation is wrong. I found out the hard way, actually bought this for my old '76 Ski Tique. Older CC's have the reverse rotation motors, this is a standard rotation starter and will only work in the newer boats with the gear reduction transmission and standard (LH) rotation motors. Thanks for the inquiry!

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 10:50am
Tom, a quick search revealed that this is probably a conventional starter, and not a PMGR (smaller with its own relay)... is that correct? I assume it looks like this?

76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 11:12am
Tim, yes, it is a conventional starter, not a gear reduction. Looks just like the conventional starter on my RR boats but spins the wrong way!

What threw me off is that, if you look at my pic above, the starter says "CW rotation" on it. Of course, I discovered that the starter spins clockwise, but the motor spins counterclockwise (LH rotation). Ahh the learning curve

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 11:26am
LOL, yup! RH Ford = CCW starter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic