NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom 1965 Correct Craft Mustang build

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 303132
Author
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 6:53pm
VIDEO!!!!!

and hussler I get it, i remember mine porpoising at 36mph....not a fan of the porpoise.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2016 at 10:14am
bump on the video request
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2016 at 12:13pm
Sorry guys been super busy, up to my neck in broken boats. Until my next day off this is the best video I can do on my commute back. Turn up the volume. you can hear it porpoise up until about 13 seconds until I reach down to lower the tabs then the noise stops until about 24 seconds when I raise them back up. I was doing about 40mph.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2016 at 12:30pm
No video link?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2016 at 2:42pm
I have not been able to get video from youtube to embed for while. Maybe he is having the same issue??
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2016 at 10:33pm
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2016 at 10:45pm
The video that came up for me was only 8 seconds long.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2016 at 11:05am
https://youtu.be/WY8XShENEmk
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2016 at 11:17am
https://youtu.be/WY8XShENEmk

Hopefully I can get a better video today
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2016 at 2:16pm
Last couple weeks has been a blur, I meant to tell you guys I would be at the old forge rendezvous but it completely slipped my mind. Didn't grab many pics because I was on the clock. Had a great time though and will definitely be there next year!

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 7:21pm
I know its been a WHILE but I'm going to update some pics of the Mustang. She got a new windshield last year and some paint touchups and looks incredible.

Lots of life changes, I've moved down to Miami and work at Miami Nautique International, but the Mustang stays in New York. I even bought her a barn, then restored the barn, so she has a home in the winter while I'm in Miami. My brother in law takes care of her and uses her in the summer with my family, then I get to go up and see her when I visit. We sold off the old crappy family boat and she's become the permanent family lake boat. :D

I miss driving her a lot but its nice to get pics of my mom, dad, sister, husband etc enjoying it, it was truly worth restoring. I learned a lot from it and I believe it had a hand in getting my job down here. A bigger part of my life than I thought it would be.

I'll update with some pics when I get photobucket figured out.
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 7:35pm
Great looking boat. I also have a 16' Mustang with a 351. Mine porpoises in any sort of chop at anything above 35mph. It will touch 50mph at full blast. Porpoising is worse if I have people in the back seat.

The new Acme prop helped to reduce the porpoising. I can drive through some of it. Interesting to hear that you have the same issue.
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2020 at 10:58pm
Nice to hear you are working at a Nautique dealer!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 303132
  Share Topic