Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakeboarding Pictures - Circa 1997

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1989SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakeboarding Pictures - Circa 1997
    Posted: January-13-2012 at 10:40pm
I was digging through some old photos the other day and stumbled upon these gems from what was likely my sophomore or junior year in highschool.

Yep, thats a 17' starcraft supersport with a 75hp mercury outboard. It wouldn't hold speed to save its life, and it listed probably 30 degrees when you cut out hard to the side. The wake was tiny and washy, you had to hit it hard and extremely fast.

The tower is made from an 8' 4x4, braced at the bottom with a couple 2x4s. Bow strap is a piece of rope. My dad was gracious enough to let us put this disaster in his boat. The only inboard boats on the lake that summer were a couple of wooden Chris Crafts. This was Charleston Lake, in Ontario. The cottage was on Tar Island, all 4 acres of it.

We rode this setup every single day for 8 weeks that summer. The boards were a full tilt with sandal bindings and an origin with hyperlite moonboots, if I remember correctly. I could consistently land 360's behind this boat, and the kid in the bow could hit backrolls and tantrums behind it. He rides for a traveling team out of Toronto now. I on the other hand, work for a living.

We would get up at the crack of dawn, ride til about noon, then go fishing in the afternoons. Some of the best times of my life. The "tower" would come out every day before chasing smallies. The other picture is typical of the size fish we pulled out of that lake. Ate a lot of fried fish that summer. My long hair is gone now too.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane.   

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2012 at 11:41pm
Very innovative for 97!

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2012 at 11:50pm
Good times!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic