Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet drive rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
R-Dub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R-Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velvet drive rebuild
    Posted: July-26-2011 at 1:10am
I want to give a big thanks to all the help I've got from CCF. I've read a lot of post about the transmissions, and their problems. I was getting concerned that I may not want to tackle this task. But I didn't have a choice. Without a true neutral, "using" the boat would be a pain. I was hoping that a fluid change, and more time on the water would free up the clutches. Nope. After messing with the tranny in the driveway, holding the shaft when in neutral, the front seal went. Now I had to pull the trans. All was going well until one of the set bolts in the shaft side coupler was broke inside.      After finally getting the trans on the bench, and torn apart, I called on Eric. He was very helpful, and got the parts out to me the next day! I was able to use the weekend to reassemble the trans, and get it back into the boat. I was able to fire the boat up tonight, and check things out. All looks well, so far. I hope to put it in the water in the next day or two to put it through the ringer.

As it turned out, it looked like the problem was two fold. The clutches were warped, and my shift control valve was not working correctly. I spent 3 different evenings soaking, heating and working the center of the valve out. Thanks for all the great info, and help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic