Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"2001" Barefoot Boom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
HTMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HTMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "2001" Barefoot Boom
    Posted: July-25-2011 at 6:35pm
Hey guys, looking for a barefoot boom for my 1988 " 2001 ". My boat has the slightly bent Pylon. I know this boat has some side spray so it needs a longer boom. Can anyone point me in the right direction on the best boom to get for my boat ?

Thanks,
Mike
HTMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HTMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 6:53pm
Also, if someone has a used one they would sell I would be interested in it !
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 8:53pm
Call Mike at BFI, or Michelle at BFC. They'll get ya hooked up. You will likely want to consider the extension also.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by HTMike HTMike wrote:

Hey guys, looking for a barefoot boom for my 1988 " 2001 ". My boat has the slightly bent Pylon. I know this boat has some side spray so it needs a longer boom. Can anyone point me in the right direction on the best boom to get for my boat ?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
I picked up a used BI boom last offseason and set it up for my 88. The boom I got was actually a gunnel mount boom and is actually a bit longer than a standard pylon mount straight boom (which seems to be the most sought after boom type for our 2001 boats). The extra length with my boom helps, but still isn't enough to get out of the chine spray when footing.

Something to consider is that the bent pylon in the 88 creates some clearance issues with the motorbox. A solution recommended by another site member was to swap out the original pylon with a later model (straighter pylon).

I recommend the height adjuster too although others don't seem to need it.

There's a thread which discusses my experience with boom acquisition and setup. I'm not that savvy with posting the link, but it should be pretty easy to find using the search function. Happy to help in any way I can. Good Luck
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2011 at 12:43am
I have a 1980 and have been loving the boom all summer. It has been a great thing for getting my two girls sking. I skied off of it on Saturday. I am using the Kids Extension that goes on the end of the boom. It is also for adults. The smaller diameter makes it easier on your hands. My kids are just out of the spray with this setup. I have an extension that I have not used yet. The extension is 16" and goes between the two sections. Mike at Barefoot International will recommend a straight boom with two center extension and the outer one for the kids. I agree with Steve and recomend the height adjuster. It helps when switching from kids to adults. You can see alot of these items on Overton's Web-site.

There is a download to do a Nationwide Craig's List search. If you do that search you will find several booms available all at about $300.00 bucks. You can find them for $200 plus shipping. I found one locally so I just picked it up.

My wife was not too keen on the boom, but now she is a believer. Well worth the money. My 80 side spray is worse than the 2001 hull.

JMO,

Donald
HTMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HTMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2011 at 4:11pm
Thanks for all the info guys !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic