NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2004 Nautique 216

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slalomjunky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2004 Nautique 216
    Posted: September-11-2010 at 12:57pm
I have been looking for a new boat to replace the 94 ski I have had since she was new. Need some more room for the family. Can anyone tell me how the wake characteristics are on the 216 direct drive? I know this hull configuration was not offered very long and would like to have some more info. We are primarily skiers and like flat wakes. Did this boat share the same hull design with the 206? any info on this year and design would be greatly appreciated.
Utah '94 Ski, '03 Malibu SS LXI
slalomjunky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 4:40am
Is anybody out there who can answer my questions about the 2004 216? (previous post)?
Utah '94 Ski, '03 Malibu SS LXI
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 10:30am
Hopefully someone will. It seems like the best option as a crossover for those that aren't ready to step up to a V drive. It could still have a skiable slalom wake. I too was looking at that model for my next move up.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2010 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by slalomjunky slalomjunky wrote:

I know this hull configuration was not offered very long

Im not sure what you mean- the 216 DD was offered 2003-2010, which seems like a pretty decent run to me.

I dont have any direct experience with the boat, but from what Ive read, its not a bad crossover boat, especially considering its size (21.5'). Its a DD, so it will slalom better than a v-drive. I dont think it will quite rival your '94 though. I think the best advice youre going to get is to test drive/ski one and see for yourself how well it would fit your needs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic