NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Day at Oak Hollow Lake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Day at Oak Hollow Lake
    Posted: August-22-2010 at 1:02am
Ok guys. After the Keeg came over this Sat AM,, putting a new secondary diaphram in--yes I let him do it-- putting a new oil sending unit on, bracing his dipstick--ok Donald, HW no wisecracks-- Buffing the boat out some-- putting the 'New' SN Style Boat Reg #'s on, and then finally talking him in to put the racing red stripe on the hood scoop, we head out to reward ourselves a day on the lake.

We get the 93 in the lake, get his in, try to crank his 73, as we ran it out off gas on the maiden voyage, and guess we ran the battery down. Earlier checking to see if the oil pressure guage was working, the switch on and grounding the wire, we kinda left the switch on.

Even though we had a multi-meter and checked the battery at around 12.1 volts, we got the dreaded 'clicking' noise from the solenoid switch at the back off the motor.

I thought it was that. We checked for some loose connections, tapped on the starter and soenoid, then decided just to leave it in the parking lot and go out in the 93.

Do a few laps on the lake, take the Keeg back in to get back to the ole homestead, take the 'kids' back out to do some more wakeboarding, leave around 7 pm, then the great text message came from Keegan,,at around 7:40 pm, I put the jumper cables on it and it fired right up!

Oh, well so much for my mechanical advice.
So there's the day, except for at the start of the lake day, Mr. Morfoot gives me a long overdue call, we talk a little, finally said our goodbyes, get out on the lake, then the BoatDr calls me to tell me he bought that 58 CC Woodie I posted. He wanted to thank me for him 'rescuing her' and to let me know I still needed to come get my #2 Trailer.

So, Eric Clarke and I ,maybe Tim M if he can make it too, have got to decide on another date, because the 25th of Sept., we might be at Santa's

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 1:14am
[QUOTE=MartyMabe] bracing his dipstick

When I saw you last weekend (Sat) on Lake Norman you did not brace my dipstick. I am jealous.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 1:19am
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 1:26am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Ok guys. After the Keeg came over this Sat--yes I let him do it--bracing his dipstick.

Wow..you know better..

You sure did have a C/CFAN day. And now you are spending the evening here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 1:44am
66 Skylark
93 SN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 1:52am
66 Skylark
93 SN
NAUTIQUEjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTIQUEjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 2:00am
Ahh,Oak Hollow lake i remember watching the boat drags there as a kid when we lived there.. Are or is there still a limit to the number of Boats they will allow on the lake at one time..
The last time we we there was a Pro Wakeboard Tour back in 03 or 04 maybe..
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 1:41pm
No comments of the thug boardin!! Danced right into the Ice Cream Truck!

NEW TOY
66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 6:02pm
All I can think about is Chris Farley singing "Fat guy in a little coat" while I was putting on that life jacket.

Headed back to oak hollow in a little bit to see if we cant get her going with the new battery.

A million thanks to Marty for all the help yesterday, a boat ride, and cool stuff. If I can find the cord to the camera I will post some pics of the red beauty all shined up. I know she is raring to go, or is that me...
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2010 at 6:05pm
Hey my dipstick might have fallen off but I put it back on! I even took it for a test dip to make sure she was properly lubricated!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic