Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

351w heads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1morepass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1morepass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 351w heads
    Posted: June-15-2005 at 11:41am
I have a set of marine 351w heads sitting in the garage that I do not have a use for. Anyone interested?
1morepass
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2005 at 5:44pm
What condition are they in and how old are they?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
1morepass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1morepass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2005 at 10:40am
They are in good condition and have been resurfaced,magnafluxed and gone thru at a head shop. I took them off my old engine when I repowered the boat last year. They just need a good cleaning then ready to go.
1morepass
Andy B View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2005 at 10:10am
Are these GT-40 or standard heads?
nate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2005 at 11:14am
How much do you want for them ?
1morepass View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1morepass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2005 at 10:47am
they are standard marine heads
1morepass View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1morepass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2005 at 12:38pm
make me a offer
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2005 at 12:46pm
Could you provide the casting number from the heads or whether they are the 5/8" or 13/16" spark plug size. This will also determine the valve size and combustion chamber size. The standard 351 5/8" plug head is the smaller valve/larger chamber that was used on most 240 HP engines. The large plug/larger valve/smaller chamber head was used on the earlier engines (250-255 HP etc) and will raise the compression considerably on a later model engine. FWIW.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

1morepass View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1morepass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2005 at 11:14am
yep i will get the cast #'s tonight!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic