Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1982 CC speedometer question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chris View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 CC speedometer question
    Posted: March-02-2004 at 2:23pm
both of my speedometers need replacing. what company is the best to replace them with? i can't seem to find anything with the same 0-50 mph range. any suggestions? thanks.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2004 at 3:25pm
Skidim.com has a few AirGuides available again (AirGuide is out of business) - for $129.95

AIRGUIDE WHITE FACE ILLUMINATED

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2004 at 3:30pm
great lakes skipper has a perpetual supply of them on ebay also. lisa was very nice when i placed my order.

edit. you should check yours with a bugger sucker or blow into it standing in front of a mirror. if the diaphram has failed around the edge, you might be able to fix it. there are a bunch of connections and alot of hose between the transom and the dash.

i wonder where vince was hiding the secret stash? i bought three new ones a couple years ago for 20 bucks a pop from another supplier.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2004 at 5:44pm
The 82 Nautique uses the surface mounted speedo, not the flush mount. I do not know who would offer that type for sale.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2004 at 5:54pm
If you can't find any buy 2 of the ones that great lake skipper sells on E-bay, and canabalize them for the internals. They are really nice, and the internals are the same except for the face.

Rob
chris View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2004 at 12:51pm
i went with the great lakes skipper. i wish i could have surface mounted them but i guess an internal mount will have to work. were'nt the "sammy duval" editions originally on mastercrafts?

anyway, thanks for the advice.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2004 at 1:48pm
you can mount the plastic surface mount jobs inside the older style metal housing with a new barb fitting hole in the back section metal housing. it's a walk in the park.

sammy who? mastercrap what?

have you tried to test just the speedo?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic