Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 model versus earlier Ski Nautiques

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Netdewt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netdewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 model versus earlier Ski Nautiques
    Posted: February-18-2010 at 2:10pm
How did they change the hull? Can anyone attest to the 2001 (82-89) being a far better hull than say, the 80-81 Ski Nautiques?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 2:50pm
Far better hull for skiing? Wakeboarding? Footing? What are you looking for?

The 2001 hulls will be wider and maybe a little longer= more interior space for gear and beer! I loved our 88!
Netdewt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netdewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 4:04pm
Skiing, but I'd like it to be multi purpose. I like that the 80-81 boats are just a little better looking, less plastic on them and more teak, but ultimately, if the 2001s are far and away better at doing what they are supposed to do, I would prefer that.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 4:31pm
The 2001 hulls were very revolutionary for their time. Look for others to chime in but I'd say performance wise (for skiing) they're much better.

Now if you want something thats fun to drive...I'd say the older they are the more fun!
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 11:37pm
Both for skiing as wakeboarding the 2001 is superior. Also a bit more spacious. Or should I say less cramped... Looks and price may be good reasons to choose the earlier boats.
Netdewt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Netdewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 10:52pm
Thanks much. I've honed in on 82-86. I love the single pane windshield on the earlier 2001s, and it doesn't sound worth it to choose a non-2001 based on minor cosmetics.

TRIP, yours is great!
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2010 at 1:57am
The 2001 is a much better design for skiing. It also has a little more room.
83Ski
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2010 at 12:26am
Muchisimas gracias Netdewt! I do love it. Get one, you won't regret it!
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2010 at 10:00pm
You can gain just a little space with the 87-8-9 2001's.
My Blue 82SOLD!
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2010 at 12:58am
I just restored my 85, new composite stringers(coosa)and refoamed it too, the wake i swear is totally different now, smaller then before. I will be skiing both my boats to keep the hours down on the new one. But when the family wants to go out we will take the 206 out or even both out lol.
I haven added weight via fatsacs to the 85 so i dont know how that wake is. I have a video of different speeds behind the boat that i am going to youtube in alittle then i will add the link.
-Phil

1985 water test
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic