Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keeping the NSS and selling the ’93 SN...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping the NSS and selling the ’93 SN...
    Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:32pm
I think it is a fair price: 93 SN for sale
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 2:29am
Have you put the new skins in the SS?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:08pm
Not yet. Winter project. Currently working on all the little things. New skins will be last item. Currently, I fixed all the chewed wiring at the dash pod, today, I am going to send the pod off to a vinyl repair company to patch the chewed vinyl on the pod. blah, blah....

Almost forgot, post boat on craigs list and two hours later got a call from a retired gentleman that is coming to look at the SN today. He lives in Burnet, TX.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:14pm
I think it's a fair price for a very pretty boat. Good luck!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by David F David F wrote:

I am going to send the pod off to a vinyl repair company to patch the chewed vinyl on the pod.

David, if you dont mind, please ask the company if it would be possible to have the whole dash recovered. If it is, a rough price would be nice as well- my dash has a few ugly spots. Pics of the repair would be great to see too!

Agreed that your '93 is a beautiful boat- the market is defintely down, but that seems to be a very fair price.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 5:33pm
I got the instrument pod back yesterday and they did an excellent job fixing the chewed up portion and a couple misc. nicks and cuts. I did ask if they could recover the dash pod and he said no. He seemed to think that originally the vinyl was heated and then installed via vacuum somehow. He does not have that capability.

I suppose you could remove the vinyl, and paint the plastic housing.

I will post a pic of the pod later, if I remember to take one.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 5:50pm
Thanks David, a pic of the repaired area would be great. Maybe I can simply have all the screw holes in mine patched in the same fashion.

If not, Ill leave it and keep searching for a replacement dash out of another boat- I think even the holes would look better than a painted plastic piece!
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 5:56pm
My problems were MUCH worse than just a few screw holes. So, yes, they can definately be fixed and you will be happy if you find the right person. Do web search for "vinyl repair" or "leather repair" in your area. The Company I used was called "Leather Menders". They do a ton of car dashes, seats, clothing, etc.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2008 at 12:44am
Tim,
If you wanted to try vacuuming forming a new skin around your existing dash, I have a small vacuum pump I used for degassing resins and casting silicons. You could get a woodworking veneer laminating vacuum bag and I'd send the pump out for you to experiment with. The pump draws down to about 29" Hg.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic