NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bent rudder repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FFtwentythree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FFtwentythree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bent rudder repair
    Posted: July-23-2008 at 9:58am
When I pulled my boat out last week I rubbed my rudder on the ground at the ramp and put a little bend in it,has anyone straightened one I was going to remove it and put some heat to it and try and straighten it
1966 Correct Craft Mustang
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 11:45am
I'd suggest taking it, or sending it, to a prop guy. If you don't get the right amount of heat you will risk breaking it.

I had a fin straightened by a prop guy, he only charged me about 20 bucks.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 12:37pm
I had my strut straignthen by Murphy's Prop in VA. Their service was great and quick. Most local prop shop didn't want to repair it but Murphy's they told me they have done this before. This shop was recommended by somebody on this forum and it worked for me. It looks very good. You might want ot check around town and if you can't find anybody local give them a call, 757.853.4731. I have pictures of my
repaired strut on this thread. Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic