NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting Issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
iguana92 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iguana92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting Issue
    Posted: July-21-2008 at 8:12pm
I am finally getting to take my 92 SN this weekend and just started it for the first time about 3 weeks ago. The first time I went to crank it, it just clicked. I have a keyless ignition, so I deactivated the code and reentered it and it started right away on the second try.
I went to start it again this past weekend, before we head out on vacation and it did the same thing. But this time it did it about 5 times (just clicked) before the engine started.
I have been pretty good about keeping a charge on the battery over the winter. The battery is 3 years old..not sure if this matters. Can anyone offer me a solution to my problem before I hit the road?
iguana92
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 8:26pm
Check all of the connections from the battery cable to the starter (positive) and battery to ground (negative). It sounds like youve got some loose or corroded terminations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic