NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Madcap View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madcap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally!
    Posted: July-20-2008 at 1:34am
Well, that only took 36 years!

Finally joined the family as a happy next owner of that '99 176 SN that has been up for grabs. Learned to ski in 1972 on a Correct Craft at summer camp in Maine as a kidlin - the camp owner had the foresight to have a proper ski boat and I've wanted one ever since. Some patience, eh?

The 176 needs a little love, but has a good heart. Not to impugn the former owners, but I feel like the purchase was something of an intervention - they just weren't skiers it seemed. It's a '99 sure enough, but it says Ski Nautique on the side, and has an Air Tique badge on the dash and has the taller pylon. From the reference brochures, this boat doesn't exist as all '99s seemed to be decaled as Air Tiques, though this has a '99 color scheme. Must be a tweener.

We skied on it the last few weekends, and other than a hesitation at "hit it" - it runs fine, and rides great. Man am I sore, but was real pleased to get back on a slalom after 25 years without killing myself. I think I'll hold off on the barefooting until the muscles decide to cooperate. I did manage to get up on the new wakeboard on the 2nd try, but failed on the subsequent 4! Old school, and, well, old.

Thanks in advance for all the wisdom and contributions of the members - I've been drinking it all in (to go with that lakewater) and will have this baby back to form before too long. Now, if I could just figure out what an accelerator pump does...

Tight lines, Jake
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 1:53am
Jake,

The wise ones will be on before long to help you out. In the meantime, congratulations; the 176 is a great boat!

It sounds like you're going to put it through its proper paces. Welcome to CCFan.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 3:16am
Welcome to the site Jake. You will find lots of support and information here.
These guys are for real..

Roger
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 10:31am
the accelerator pump gives the engine an initial squirt of gas mechanically, and if the cup that controls it is hard or torn you will not get the amount of squirt as it once did, more or less like when you were younger, a couple more things may cause a hesitation such as timing, tune-up and so on
start with a good tune-up then chase the hesitation if it is still there
welcome
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 11:48am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you will not get the amount of squirt as it once did, more or less like when you were younger

Is this speaking from experience or did someone tell you about this phenom?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 11:54am
just noticed the other day, from experience
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Is this speaking from experience or did someone tell you about this phenom?

ROFLOL Chris!!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic