Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stinkin’ Digital Guages

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
spe123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spe123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stinkin’ Digital Guages
    Posted: July-19-2008 at 7:36am
I have a model year 2001 Sport Nautique with the digital guages. They were replaced once on warranty several years ago. Now the LED symbols on the speedometer intermittantly don't light up. I haven't heard of any off warranty replacements by Teleflex.

I was thinking of installing dual analog speedometers and an analog tachometer in the center (I don't have Perfect Pass). I like this classic look. Has anyone done this? Should I scrap the pitot tubes and get a paddle wheel? Should I get a GPS system? (I run on lakes, not rivers) We don't run a slalom course and we are skiing at RPM rather than MPH and that's OK. It's annoying though to have a nice boat with a defective guage.
1985 Nautique2001 w/Chevy 454
2001 Sport Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 1:18pm
I replaced four times over 7 years before I finally switched them out.

I swithched out to the Faria guages, but I have perfect pass.

An analog swithch with pitots may be a bit more work. As I understand it, the pitots come to an electronic sensor at the stern of the boat. A wire then send the signal forward to the speedos. If you plan to install traditional analog guages, I believe the water tubes must be run from pitot to speedo.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

spe123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spe123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 5:06pm
A search on planetnautique found a good write up by Newwakesurfer who did exactly what I want to. Sorry to have rehashed old stuff, but it's new to me.

By the way BKH, I rebuilt the carburetor in my older boat based on some of your posts. I hadn't realized how rough it had gotten till I started it up after the rebuild. Thanks.
1985 Nautique2001 w/Chevy 454
2001 Sport Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 6:15pm
Well, glad I could help, though a little confused. There are some real carb gurus around here, but I'm not one of them.
Have a good weekend. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic