Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 and 88 windshields on Ski Nautiques

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 87 and 88 windshields on Ski Nautiques
    Posted: July-18-2008 at 2:22am
Does anyone know why they went to the two piece split windshield in 87 and then changed back to the one piece in 89.   I am guessing that the one piece looked so much better. Just curious...I am still happy with my 88 but like the looks of the one piece.

Thanks
George
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 1:27pm
The majority if the 70s were 2 piece, so your 1-piece design may be considered what they switched TO instead of from. Also went back to a split down the middle in 94 all the way up to now.

????????????? Perspective. I like the 2 piece.
88BFN454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88BFN454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 1:45pm
I also like the two piece. Everytime I climb from the bow of my buddy's 84' I feel like I'm going to bust the windshield in half.
You're telling me they make Ski boats that aren't Nautiques? B.S.
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The majority if the 70s were 2 piece, so your 1-piece design may be considered what they switched TO instead of from. Also went back to a split down the middle in 94 all the way up to now.

Interesting...I just did a cursory review through the diaries on this site from 76 to 90. It looks like from 76 to 79 they were two piece, from 80 to 87 one piece, 88 and 89 two, 90 to 93 one and now your saying 94 on they are one. Looks like they finally made their mind up! I still like the one piece, to each his own!
George
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by wakemeup wakemeup wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Interesting...I just did a cursory review through the diaries on this site from 76 to 90. It looks like from 76 to 79 they were two piece, from 80 to 87 one piece, 88 and 89 two, 90 to 93 one and now your saying 94 on they are one. Looks like they finally made their mind up! I still like the one piece, to each his own!
George
CORRECTION...My mistake. They were one piece from 80 to 86, 87 and 88 were two, 89 to 93 were one and 94 on were two.
George
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic