NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enough already - Time for GL.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enough already - Time for GL.
    Posted: July-01-2008 at 3:04am
90 degrees and humid here, and I spent the whole day getting the boat ready for Green Lake. Lost 6 lbs just working in the garage. Enough already, can't wait to hit the road.

New spare tire carrier.
Wash and wax trailer and boat.
Refinish the teak platform.
Wash the bimini top.
Remove all the tower speakers, lights and racks (2200 miles equals a lot of bugs if you don't take them down).
Clean and polish all the tower speakers, lights and racks.
Clean that nasty bildge residue out of the ski locker.
Clean off the skis, wakeboards, etc.
Had to go laminate the registrations and insurance papers.
Of course had to put my CCFan.com sticker on the trailer.
Pulled my old cover out of storage for a road trip cover.
Assembled the emergency boat parts box.

Still have to clean the upholstery and vacuum tomorrow.

This vacation stuff is hard work.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 1:59pm
Hey Brian. I'm getting excited also! So what spare tire carrier did you end up going with? I'm kind of interested in picking one up.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 2:23pm
$22 from Cabela's plus $5 shipping. Bolts on. Actually seems quite sturdy. Only took 5 minutes to install. BKH

Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 2:42pm
Brian,

Sounds like you have it all pretty well covered. You have a great time on this adventure. Its going to be quite a trip.
Good luck and have fun.

Larry
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 4:52pm
Brian...We wish you a safe and happy trip, you know what they say, the way there is half the fun, its the ride home that sucks!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 5:22pm
Good luck, Brian. You're going to have a blast. I hope it's a fun and uneventful trip. Don't forget the duct tape, wood blocking, decent jack and a grease gun.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 5:37pm
Brian, you might want to pack the ol' "Hughes Trip Saver"- that is an extra hub pre-loaded with bearings, races, and grease. A blown bearing could force you to lose a day, easy. I've found by purely packing this item it has never happened- the ol' reverse Murphy's Law.

Here's a little story: When I pulled off my hubs on the 90 after trailering it from Arizona, one of the bearings just fell out in pieces all over the ground. Had I turned around and trailered it 2000 miles back, I would have had an unpleasant roadside experience. Might be worth the peace of mind.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Brian... its the ride home that sucks!

I don't doubt that MM. We'll take a different route for about 1/3 of the trip, which might help. . .   Nah, the drive home will suck. BKH
Livin' the Dream

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 2:39pm
Whats the departure date Brian?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 2:53pm
Saturday, Sunday, tomorrow, who knows BKH
Livin' the Dream

85nautiquematt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85nautiquematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 12:54am
I'm with you guys... so fired up I sometimes think it all begins tomorrow. Yikes !
Nothin like the sound of a mid 80's Nautique at mid throttle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic