NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1968 barracuda rudder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1968 barracuda rudder
    Posted: December-06-2004 at 1:00pm
I need to replace the rudder bushing on my 1968 Barracuda. Are they still available from Correct Craft? Thanks Jim /Barr68
barr68
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2004 at 6:35pm
Give Woody a call at Southeast Correct Craft
He should be able to help .
Good Luck !!
Mike Thrower (nautique Frk)
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2004 at 12:33pm
The "bushing" is actually called the rudder port. If the port is worn, you should also inspect the rudder shaft as it is probably worn as well. There is not a replacable bushing in either part.
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2004 at 9:24am
Thanks Dave, Now that I have disassembled the ruddder and port , I see what you mean. The port on my boat was not only worn , the tube that the rudder shaft turns in was broken away from the plate that bolts to the hull. As it appears that the tube and plate were originally brazed together , I just rebrazed the joint. To fix the oversized hole in the port I cut some brass shim stock and silfossed it into the tube. I then reemed the port to size.Hopefully the fix is as good or better than new. Thanks for your help.Jim/barr 68
barr68
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2005 at 5:09pm
I'm selling a brand new rudder port that accepts a 1 inch shaft- let me know if you need one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic