NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it time for Eric???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it time for Eric???
    Posted: April-21-2008 at 5:52pm
Okay, so I'm out on the lake with the girls yesterday and after they kneeboard for a while we shut it down for some lunch on the water.Boat runs great! Start back up after an hour and as I put it in gear it feels like something is grinding a bit in the throttle quad. Figure I will need to check it out this week to see what's up. Get almost to the other side of the lake then decided to turn back as throttle is still feels like something is grinding just a little. My 12 year old daughter asks to drive and does. Half way back to ramp, the tach REVS up like no tomorrow as if the prop has departed the boat. Scares the crap out of both of us as I jump for the throttle to bring it back to idle.( Thank goodness we were only turning 2200) Figure it's either the prop or transmission. Turned her off and after jumping in I quickly find the prop still with us. I'm guessing the transmission finally went with 750hrs on boat. Tried to start to be sure and wouldn't even turn over. Needless to say we were far from "home" when a deck boat pulls up and offers assistance. Thankfully he was headed in the same direction. About half way there I tried starting the boat which it fired up right away. Guess I'm gonna start pulling a transmission when I get home today. What a way to start the week...
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 6:35pm
Sorry to hear that Tim. I can picture the moment when it happened, and I have a guess about the looks each of you had on your face.

The good news is that Eric's work is smoooth!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:03am
Morfoot, i really think your damper took a ***************, not 100% but it sounds like the damper started sqauking and let loose (high revs) i would bet money on it
call me and explain in more detail,
"the things you own will start to own you"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:18am
Should I just call you at the shop in the morning?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:28am
yeah, 877-369-6693 or my cell 330-322-8817
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic