FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Florida CCFan Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 6:02pm
Hey Guys,
Sounds like a great time. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to take on a third reunion this summer - especially a new reunion in a new location. Per Mojo and JoeinNY, if you guys can keep it unofficial this year, that would be best. By all means, please use the site to publicize and coordinate. I will offer as much support as I can but don't want to commit unless I can put in 100% and that's just something I can't do right now.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 1:22pm
I'm with everyone 100%, since I think we're all on the same page. What prompted me to ask was I thought there might be owners out there receiving the literature from CC and might attend or have attended the CC reunions, who may have never heard of CCFan, if that's possible, and who might like to join up with us. But I certainly wouldn't want to see a free-for-all with all kinds of crazy people we don't even know, and be forced to hide our beer and women. (although I suggest that we all still hide the brew from '79. No need to worry about the women though) So keeping it close to the vest is my vote as well.

Just this past Saturday, I was looking in Antique and Classic Boat Society (ACBS) book of members and searched out CC owners and happened to see one in Babson Park, FL, just a few miles from Jbear with a 63 Skylark. Then when I went to his actual profile with his boat listings, turns out he also has a 65 Mustang AND a Jersey Speed Skiff. And he was just up in Mt Dora at the big show several weeks ago according to his wife. I've yet to speak with him but I'd bet he'd like to visit CCFan.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2008 at 3:52am

FLA in the spring...there's no better place...

-Adam

1973 Skier
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2008 at 6:48pm
There seemed to be a lot of interest in this, and now that GL weekend is upon us an about to pass, I thought I would bump this to the top again.

I think most of the northerners asked for a spring date to get a break from that looong, cold, winter. I think now is the time to start setting a date and putting information together, as I now most of you are like me will schedules going out several months.

As stated above, this does not have to be an official CCF reunion for the first year, so Keith does not have to do so much work, but we could just gauge interest and location.

Is this still something you guys would be interested in doing in early '09?

Adam
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2008 at 12:34am
I am still in Adam. I believe backfoot100 (Eddie) is in as well. He went and checked out a location over the Easter weekend I believe. There is plenty of guys around here and Georgia. Bet ReidP would even drop down from NC.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2008 at 9:22am
Originally posted by azeus17 azeus17 wrote:

Is this still something you guys would be interested in doing in early '09?

Amy and I are still interested!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2008 at 10:59am
I guess we should start throwing out location sugestions. I know Mt. Dora was suggested. Have not been there yet, but I am willing to make a trip. Eddie, what location did you check out? Any other suggestions?
Boats:
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2008 at 11:33am
Adam,
I did go to Mt. Dora. Very nice place. I found a hotel that will accomodate us, but it's on the National Registry for Historic Landmarks so I'm sure it isn't cheap. Awesome location though and they cater to the Antique and Classic boat owners every Feb. Parking and boat display on the property is not a problem if that's what we want to do. In fact, the weekend my wife and I went there, there was a Porsche gathering and they had all of the cars parked right at the entrance of the hotel. They have a chain of lakes that is awesome to boat around and the town itself is just a really neat little community. I just think that hotel is going to be way out of a lot of peoples budget and the gal that I talked with at the Chamber of Commerce said that there really isn't any type of camping available. I just need to do a little more research and checking around. I'll hope to have more info by the end of August.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2008 at 12:56pm
Yeah, I did some searching on the web as well and agree that it looks like a nice little town. I did find a State Park called Trimble Park on one of the lakes in the chain, not to far from Mt. Dora. Looks as if they have about 30 sites. May be worth checking out. I did read, and I know this is a biggie, that there is no alcohol allowed
Not sure how much they enforce that. I know a lot of parks, where I am from at least, will let you get away with it as long as you are not causing a problem. (Again, not sure that would apply to this group!)
Anyway, if you are back in that area, it might be worth checking out.

Adam
Boats:
Old Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2008 at 5:45pm
Trimble park is a Orange county park. And yes the alcohol rule is strictly enforced (you will be asked to leave). Was married in Mt Dora at the Lakeside Inn bed and breakfast, your correct very pricey. The clermont chain of lakes might be of interest to you. The Lake Minneola Inn is lake side and right next door is what else but a tiki bar! Great burgers cold beer! The Clermont chain has six or more lakes however Central Fl has been in a drought situation so I don't how accessible they are.
99/90/80 Ski Nautique
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2008 at 8:40pm
someone throw out dates.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
92NautiqueSNOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92NautiqueSNOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 12:22pm
It's great everyone opened this topic back up- I am really interested in a SE reunion- even an 'un-official' one. GL and NY just too far for me to make to date- but would trailer to FL; especially if I could drop my girls off with Mickey!!
Please keep this thread going so that any and all interested can keep in check with any developing plans.
Also willing to help with anything I could do.....but dont know the areas at all.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 2:02pm
Well, in the spirit of just throwing out a date, how about 3/27-3/29. Here is my logic. By the end of March, temps in central FL should be creaping towards 80. Gives anyone with a winter project time to complete. And, maybe, for any northerners, you might not have to rewinterize the boat when you go back, if you are lucky!

Anyway, just throwing something out there. I will have to check into the Clermont chain.

Ripper-
What towns are near there? Any cool quiet towns like Mt. Dora?
Boats:
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 2:04am
Adam: Just back tonite from GL. Convinced me more than ever that we gotta do this...what an awesome time. You just would not believe. Let me get back from Tennessee and we'll get together and talk.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 6:27am
Treadjack, sorry

John,
I hear you had a great time in GL. Sure hope you want to do that again next year... Together with Chantal and I!
Was great talking to you on the phone. Will do that more often in the coming year!

Kristof

Oh, FL guys out there... hope to meet a few of you when we will make the trip to John next year in july
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 10:56am
Can anyone tell us anything about Lake Seminole on the FL/GA border? Looks to be a good sized lake with a few campgrounds around it.
Boats:
Old Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 12:11am
Clermont is just west of Orlando 20-25 miles. Not far from the mouse house either. Clermont is not as quaint as Mount Dora. Mount Dora is more old Fl still a little sleepy but growing. Skiing is probably better in clermont.
99/90/80 Ski Nautique
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 12:57am

Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:56am
How do I remove this entry? Posted in wrong topic.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:09pm
OK, guys, tell me what you think about this place. Anyone been there? It is on Crescent Lake in Central Florida. It is called Hideaway Cove. Here is the website for the palce.

Here are the questions I asked them:

1. Do you have a boat ramp and is it accessible at all times of the year (water level)?
2. How large is your facility? At one of our current reunions, we have over 100 people and 30 boats. Although I doubt it would be this big the first year, we would like a place to come back to year after year.
3. Do you allow alcohol? We do not get excessive, but we do enjoy a beer after a long day on the water.
4. Do you have a large gathering area/pavilion where we could have a banquet one night?
5. Do you offer any cabins or apartments for those who may not want to tent camp?
6. How far is the nearest town for groceries/supplies?
7. Can you please indicate what your prices are as they seem to be down on the web site right now?

And, here are the answers I got:

I believe we can meet all of your needs and look forward to making your reunions and get-togethers a very pleasant experience!To answer your questions:
1. Yes, we have a boat ramp, if your boats are not huge yachts or very large pontoons boats the water level, even at it's lowest will be just fine for your boats.
2. Our facility is approx. 3 acres and we have a boat slip and pier where your boats can be docked to.
3. Yes, alcohol is permited, we sale all beer products in our bait shop and make sure we are well stocked for your event.
4. Yes, we have a large pavillion that will facilitate your needs.
5. Yes, we have rentals you may reserve for your non-tent campers.
6. The nearest Winn-Dixie is approx. 7-10 minutes from our resort. Very Close!
7. Our rentals are $65.00 nightly plus tax. Our tent sites are $17.00 nightly plus tax.

Seems like a nice place. Let me know what you think or if anyone has had an experiance with them.

Adam
Boats:
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:37pm
This looks like it would meet the needs that I experienced in GL.
And maybe a bit warmer
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:44pm
It looks good Adam. Does the lake have a nice gathering spot like a sand bar or sandy shore line? This is always good to have for us with young kids.

Can our boats navigate up the northern outlet/river on Cresent to the major river to the north?
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 2:26pm
Good questions, Steve. I hope someone closer to that area can help us out with the answers. I have never been to that lake, but may be making a trip soon to check it out!

Suprisingly, this is one of the few campgrounds around the area that has both tent and RV/cabins and is on a lake.

If you guys post any questions that need answers, I will be more than happy to give them a call and ask. They were very nice and helpful in the email. I am sure that some of the organizers and attendees of GL and NE reunions will think of things I have not.
Boats:
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 1:16am
sorry responding so late, but i haven't checked the reunion forums lately. i am here at lake seminole. it looks good on a map but not where you would want to do a SE reunion. very good fishing here, but not many places for watersports for a large amount of boats and definitly no entertainment. just a 20 acre state park and the 2 rivers that come together to form the lake. oh, and lots of gators. sorry
bill
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 4:15pm
Thanks for the info, Bill.

I am still looking into Crescent Lake in Central Florida. It is not far from Lake George. There is a creek that conects Crescent to the St. Johns River and from there to about anywhere in FL, but the creek itself is pretty long (15 miles) and I do not know what, if any, places there are to stop along it. I still plan on going to check it out maybe this weekend. If anyone else is interested in meeting there, it is always better to have another set of eyes and opinions. Give me a call if interested, 517-410-3254

Adam
Boats:
NautiqueFreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 3:20pm
Does it necissarily have to be in the state of Florida?? Lake Martin in Alabama is a great, super clean and friendly lake to have it on. Plenty of water and sand bars. Water sports can be done in the morning and afternoons as I do every weekend and their is even a slalom course on one side of the lake. About 3 hours from the Florida line.
If ya can't do it behind a Nautique..I don't wanna do it!
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 12:09pm
Only thing we have to think about is the temp. Three hours north of the FL line is about 5 hours north of Orlando/Central FL. We are thinking about having this around Feb/March time frame, so what kind of temps could we expect there at that time?
Boats:
NautiqueFreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 12:17pm
around Feb/March the weather is still pretty cool, just depending on the day. The weather is weird here and if you live here you would know what I mean. It will be cold as rip one day and t-shirt weather the next. Either way the water will still be cool at this time for sure. April sounds like a good time to me. I mean that would be "spring" technically. Even in Florida in Feb. and March the weather could be cool and the water be a little cold. I was on my spring break (around March 15 this past year) and the weather was nice a couple of days and very cool a few days and water pretty cool as well so..i guess will just have to talk about it..however I believe we could get more people from like MS,GA,AR,TN,FL and such will Alabama being a fairly central location
If ya can't do it behind a Nautique..I don't wanna do it!
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 7:39pm
My timing is horrible. I live down in Orlando right now going to Marine Mechanics Institute and will be moving back to Mass in November, which means of course I'll miss the North East reunion, and won't be around central FL in the spring so I won't be at that reunion, and I wont be able to go to GL because I will be in peak season of working on boats. Hopefully I will be able to attend the NE next year.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by NautiqueFreak NautiqueFreak wrote:

however I believe we could get more people from like MS,GA,AR,TN,FL and such will Alabama being a fairly central location

I vote for warm water in FL if it's early in the year. I live just north of Atl and I don't 'like' the water temps till may...and you snowbirds are welcome to call me a wuss!!!   LOL

John and Eddie and MM...yall know the area, whatcha' think?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic