Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1997 Nautique Super Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rsjr70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsjr70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1997 Nautique Super Sport
    Posted: March-01-2008 at 3:12pm
I am a novice at best and would apperciate any advice. I skied behind a roommate's Nautique in college. Not sure of model but 85 vintage and what I would call a standard ski boat. SInce then always wanted one. Today it seems there are mayn models and I am not sure of the differences. I am now in the market for something for my kids to enjoy on the lake (ages 10 and 12) Thought good family fun in the years to come. Looking at a 1997 Super Sport and was wondering of any input on how this boat does for skiing and wake boarding plus just family fun. Also wondered any pros or cons of motor in back versus traditional center mount that I am accustomed to seeing. Probably will do any engine work myself and did not know if access was worse or better.

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 4:00pm
v-drive boat, great for wakeboarding, great for room, great money for the tranny man if you blow the trans....
they say 90% of ski boats now being made are v-drive boats, with that percentage i would say they are more suited for todays needs. its funny these boat manufacturers tried to achieve the perfect flat wake for years and all of a sudden they had to do 180 degree turnaround and this is why you see the v-drive boats
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 4:01pm
BTW, i get roughly 3 times the moola for a v-drive trans, i smile when they roll on in. just stating facts for maintance purposes
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic