Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Nautique in Seattle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 Nautique in Seattle
    Posted: February-25-2008 at 4:29pm
Listed on CL this morning. Here ya go Trav. You buy the boat, I'll bring the beer and we will be skiing by this weekend!

79 in Seattle
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 12:02am
I know where this guy lives, its a little over a mile from my house... If I am putting 7 grand into a nautique, it will be the one in my side yard though!!

Bring your boat up, I will buy the beer, and that saves me a heck of alot of money!! I should be back in Washington by Friday!!

I did see he listed it, and thanks for pointing it out. Basically the same boat I have in the side yard, color and all...
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 12:22pm
twins are always hotter than they would be alone
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 1:19pm
Travs- Sounds like a good plan. I think we may be closer to your neck of the woods this weekend. Fiberglassics is doing the Slough run this Saturday morning. Starting at the State park on Sammamish, all the way through the Slough, and into Lake Washington ending at Couloon Park (hopfully). I am scrambling to get a beater boat ready.
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 3:36pm
Fins,
Is there enough water in there to make it all the way from lake to lake? Last time we did that (many years ago) was in a canoe and it seems like I recall several shallow areas. Does that water level fluctuate much?      
88 2001
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 10:49pm
It does fluctuate, and currently there seems to be enough flow to make it. Fiberglassics makes this run every year in March with usually about a 40% attrition rate. The first year, there were several spots that you had to get out and pull the boat across. The concrete fish wier at the Sammamish side can also be alot of fun. Here is a picture from last year as well as a vintage shot when it was a race.

VINTAGE SLOUGH RACE
59 ATOM

Lake Tapps, Wa.
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:25am
You got room in the boat this weekend Brian? I have always wanted to float the slough, just havent had a shallow enough boat!!!
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 3:20pm
Wow, that looks like an adventure. after doing this run I suppose tackling the Mountlake cut with opening day boat traffic is a walk in the park.
I will think positive thoughts for sun your way. Enjoy   
88 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic