NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Somewhere Else

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 11:39pm
Great pictures, looks like a great spot and it looks like you all had a great time. I think pictures of vintage CCs underway but at an idle are my favorites. Really brings out the sharp lines.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 2:08pm
Nice job with the pics John.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 11:41pm
Thanks to Larry.

But I am getting better. Maybe I can help you get the pics on from your last visit...LOL.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:23am
I figure I'll just bring them with this weekend and upload them all to your machine before we leave. Carolyn notified me of rain in the forecast I told her to stop looking.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 2:27am
You're wet when you're in the water anyhow...at least it'll be warm rain. The weathermen never are sure of what is gonna happen anyhow.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

MM ran 52.3 or 53.2 (can't remember exactly) by GPS. Topped Reid by 1/10 by GPS. I am not sure Marshall clocked his boat.

Whew, I can relax then. Im pretty sure Marshall is running upwards of 56-57, so Im a bit relieved that MM isnt there- at least not yet. I guess I can cancel my Summit order.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'm back in the fold again and thought I'd clear this one up, but I think Tim knows what's what. Earlier in the afternoon, while flying across that flat Lake George, the Classic 390 recorded it's fastest ever WOT at 53.2 (on GPS). MaddMarxx won't like it but this was recorded along-side him, and as soon as you nail the Classic it hauls the mail, and would instantly pull 2-3 boatlengths ahead. Well, I can't hold it full throttle forever and it didn't appear that MM was catching up so I thought I had him topped on top speed. Then late in the day, just before we hauled them out of the water, I cleared the GPS and handed it to Mark and off he went down the river. Handed it back at 53.3! It was almost as bad as Marshall outrunning my Mustang. 1/10!! And he was by himself where I'll bet it'd run faster even with a body in the back seat. So the boat really is fast, and with minimum mods on top of that. Maybe it's the new Lavine transmission?

On to Marshall's. While he never ran by GPS on that day, and although I didn't see what he did while running right next to Mark, I do know that he flew by the Classic so fast that I had to look at the GPS to make sure I was running without issue. When we clocked him at 57.something the engine was only 5-10hrs old, so maybe it's getting faster after a little break-in time. Boatdr was conveniently missing this day. Some lame excuse about a wedding he had to go to.

Tim, don't cancel that Summit order.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Tim, don't cancel that Summit order.   

Too late. Ive found another way to spend the money- Ill shoot you an email.

Thanks for clearing that up, though thats what I figured. With Marshall and the good Doctor running in the upper 50's, who will be the first here to break the 60 mark? Bill B doesnt count.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:50pm
What happened to Rick and his Al Tyll? Didn't see it in any of the pictures.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:29am
Unfortunately the Al Tyll wasn't in the water that day as he had his U-17 out on the lake. He joined us a little later. The U-17 is a Donzi 16 look-alike but a bit faster. We were hoping for the CC, but it was 60 miles south in the shop.

Tim, thanks for stating that Bill B's NOS doesn't count as I've got 60 in the cross-hairs before we throw in the towel. However, at the rate I'm going, you'll probably beat me to it!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:38am
All the boats ran well at the river. My '80 stayed right with these guys and it has been clocked at 50.something by Eddie on his new Christmas GPS. But the real shocker of the day was how the pink (ok-coral) skier owned by Adam ran. No mods at all....not sure Adam has even been under the motor box....and it ran right with the big boys.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:51am
Yep, I had jbear at 50.7 and he had 3 bodies in the front of the boat. A good running Skier will run 50-plus stock and Adam's probably got one of those. But I thought it was tan, buckskin, champagne, or flesh (politically incorrect however).
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:09am
I still say it looks pink to me.

Thanks for the update on my top speed...didn't know it.

Hope you and the posse had a great time at the race. Thanks for setting up Saturday...what a great day. Same time next year?

Sounds like we are gonna have to do something about a Reunion in our (Southeast) area.

How was the trip home?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:50am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I still say it looks pink to me.

If you're going to call it pink, at least call it "titty pink"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:21pm
I think Bill B efforts count just as soon as he shows up to an in water event with other ccfans present. But that might be because I plan to do a little cheating myself.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:43pm
Jbear, I think I'll mail you the GPS so you can do a test run by yourself. My guess in 51.52748 mph

The trip back Tuesday was a breeze. Tom hauled the Classic down there and left me to haul it back with the Exploder, which clocked over to 339K during the trip by the way. But pulled like a champ.

Joe, I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of your "cheating". I just bought me a special new net which catches both pistons AND rods.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:50pm

Joe, I'll be looking forward to seeing the results of your "cheating". I just bought me a special new net which catches both pistons AND rods.

Ouch, since the 408 has forged pistons, crank, and H beam rods and is fully balanced I don't expect to need the net, I did however pick up a stud girdle for the mains if it goes boom it will be the block.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I did however pick up a stud girdle for the mains if it goes boom it will be the block.

What's a stud girdle? Does Quinner need to pick up one of those?
Greg

86 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

main girdle

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:17pm

Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

main girdle

^^^ "Probe Industries" - I'm sure he'd love one, or two.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 5:25pm

Ouch, since the 408 has forged pistons, crank, and H beam rods and is fully balanced I don't expect to need the net, I did however pick up a stud girdle for the mains if it goes boom it will be the block.

Oh Joe, you know I was just kidding. I didn't know if you were planning to spray something. That stuff scares me, like quinner in a stud girdle.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 6:41pm

Oh Joe, you know I was just kidding. I didn't know if you were planning to spray something. That stuff scares me, like quinner in a stud girdle.

Scares me a little too but thats the fun part.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 7:01pm

Scares me a little too but thats the fun part.

Quinner in a stud girdle is your idea of fun? Youre all sick.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 8:39pm
CQ in a stud girdle and nylons...what a visual.

Thanks Reid but I can use Eddie's GPS...unless yours shows faster! As long as I can go 50 I am pretty happy...don't need no faster.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic