Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clock for an 85’ SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1man1dog1cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clock for an 85’ SN
    Posted: January-27-2008 at 3:04pm
Anybody know where I can get a new clock for my 85'. Other than the dealer. I've already tried and they are having trouble locating one. As you can see from the pic the bezel/lense has broken away from the housing on mine and the clock will not stay in the dash. Thanks.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2008 at 4:28pm
Good luck- the VDO's are no longer being made. The clocks are especially hard to find, and can be expensive. Just be glad you dont have the even-rarer 90-93 white faced ones! I have found a few places that still have some NOS stuff around. Try these:

Gilmore-Global

Vehicle Controls

The bezels are interchangable, so you can swap your old one onto it (assuming you have it) if the one you buy comes with a chrome ring.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2008 at 5:15pm
Looks like that is exactly what I needed. Both sites you posted appear to have them. Anything specific I need to be aware of before I try and order one?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2008 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by 1man1dog1cj 1man1dog1cj wrote:

Looks like that is exactly what I needed. Both sites you posted appear to have them. Anything specific I need to be aware of before I try and order one?

Just prepare yourself for 2 things.

1. The possibility that they dont have the clock in stock and they cant get one- their website is out of date.

2. The price tag of the clock if they do have it.

Ive encountered both scenarios. Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2008 at 9:12pm
Gotcha. I knew it couldn't be that easy. Well thanks. I'll give it a shot in the morning.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2008 at 10:41pm
Don't know if will be of any help,but here's something on ebay if all else fails
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/944-PORSCHE-VDO-12V-DASH-CLOCK-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33676QQihZ011QQitemZ320212286281QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Are the boat ones any different from a car?I have one from a vw that I always thought I'd put in the boat but it looks like water could get in the setting stem
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2008 at 1:24pm
Thanks TRBenj. Vehicle Controls had one. $110 shipped.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 9:24pm
Unless you want to keep it original you can put a Hummingbird depth finder in that place. It fits perfect.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2008 at 9:27pm
FYI, if you want to retrofit your tachometer I have done some decals. I still have some of them left. If you are interested let me know.

VDO Facelift

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 7:01pm
Thanks, but the gauges are in pretty good shape. The boat only has 290 hrs. and has been inside all its life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic