Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flipped MasterCraft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flipped MasterCraft
    Posted: January-21-2008 at 1:46am
Check out this youtube vid of righting a flipped MC.

We had to do this to a Flying Scott a few years back after afew idiots it ran over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrhKGoV8Cl8
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 2:35am
Sometimes you have to unsinkify a little, I know I have.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 11:27am
That 2nd boat is a Cheetah - I had one of those. It was a great boat. Had a 125 Evinrude on it, never did idle right but screamed at WOT. Amazing that this guys motor started after being under water.

I wonder how much a MC weights wet? Think it will be on ebay soon?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

That 2nd boat is a Cheetah - I had one of those. It was a great boat. Had a 125 Evinrude on it, never did idle right but screamed at WOT. Amazing that this guys motor started after being under water.

The red and gold boat is a 1976 tahiti (a sidewinder clone), that was a 135 evinrude Its actually me and one of my boats about 6 years ago, not the first time that boat sank either the back end was so low and the motor so heavy if you left it tied to a dock for any amount of time and the wind switched to the stern down she would go.

FYI it didn't just start back up I took apart and dried out the starter and ignition power pack, removed and rebuilt the carbs, and lubed and dewatered the cylinders, valves, and crank. But I was skiing on it by 3:30, no seats in it but that was the drivers problem.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 2:47pm
Joe - Thanks for the information. My Cheetah (15 foot) was a '71 & must have been the other clone, because it looked identical.   I would have to be careful when I came off plane because the back wash would come over that low transom.

Your 135 must have hit over 60mph. With the 125 I could get 55 with only me in the boat.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 3:02pm
At least eight boat companies were sued by Sidewinder for copying that hull design, cheetah might very well have been one of them. It had its issues but for the size was a great handling hull in all but the most serious conditions. I have hit a bouncing 70+ in that boat with a 150hp inline 6 merc and a 2 blade bronze racing prop not much low end umphf though, that 135 was a workhorse out of the whole and could pull 3 slalom skiers but with the prop I had on it and how deep I had it mounted it wouldnt break 54 mph under any circumstances.

I still have the boat, I put the original 115 merc inline 6 that it came with back on so I can leave it in a hoist with the key in it so family/friends can bang around in it without hurting themselves.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2008 at 4:10pm
I guess that's the nature of fiberglass - it's easy to make a splash & copy. Must be nice to have a spare boat for your relatives. I always have reservations seeing my brothers take off in my boat - wouldn't want it to end up like that MC!

Chris
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 7:08pm
Joe, where did you get those sweet aqua socks? Quinner is looking for a new pair.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 7:17pm
Those are back sitting under my sisters camp I am sure we can send them out to any ccfan in need.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2008 at 10:57pm
Loved the video and the commentary Joe. Not so crazy about the shoes.

HW; I will never understand how you guys do some of this stuff...a still picture from Joe's video...cool!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2008 at 3:40am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Loved the video and the commentary Joe. Not so crazy about the shoes.

john

what can I say? Caryn dug the shoes anyway..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic