NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ballast Tank Valves-Manual to Electric

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mark P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ballast Tank Valves-Manual to Electric
    Posted: December-02-2007 at 9:04am
Does anyone have a recommendation on an electric valve to replace the manual valve with cabling & actuator on each of the (2) ballast tank's plumbing for the filling? I believe the hose is a 3/4" on my '05 216 Sport Nautique.

I would like to replace the Flow Rite actuator, cable and RDV-2 valve with an electric valve wired in parallel with the fill ballast pump. This way, turning on the fill pump from the keyless smart pod will automatically open the valve and vice-versa.

Concerns:
-The valve needs to have the same flow rate at the current valve.
-Will the factory relays and circuits for the pumps also extra loading of the valves? Otherwise extra circuitry with fusing and relaying will be required.

Thanks,
Mark
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2007 at 12:35am
   I don't have a suggestion,but I have broken 2 of the knobs off on my tanks.The thing is,when they stop working,you can still access the valves and move the levers. Although a real pita,It beats not being able to fill/drain the tanks because of an electrical valve problem.I know CC at least had a lot of teething issues with the electronic valves/pumps on the 07's,and it left alot of people S.O.L. while on the water.Just something to consider...good luck.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic