Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 SV 211 Team may have been sunken

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mikestyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 SV 211 Team may have been sunken
    Posted: August-09-2007 at 3:29am
hey im from canada and have put a downpayment for a 2006 SV 211 Team Edition from ky, however i just spoke with a dealer here in canada and they told me there is alot of boats being sold that have been submerged from various hurricanes in florida which have been claimed a total loss, then restored and sold to the end user. now when i look at the paperwork this boat was originly bought in florida by one person (the current owner) and it is the same person who is selling his boat on consinment with a dealer in ky.i no idea what to do, the boat looks great but i do not want a boat that has been underwater, what do u guys think
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 8:41am
Have you mentioned your concerns to Brandon of Central Ky Inboards? Have heard he is a straight up guy, let him know you are a member here. A survey from a CC dealer near the boat would most likely determine if the boat has issues, also find out what exactly is required to transfer the factory warranty.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 10:32am
never ever buy a boat that has been submerged unless every single wire has been replaced, i have a friend who bought a 42 Caliari that was sunk and he bragged what a great deal he got, he had nothing but problems with the boat, it was in salt water, it was a wiring night mare... the good one is it was europeon wired and you could go 6 foot up a wire and cut it and you would find green corrosion, the water does sneak up the wire and corrodes it.
I laugh at his great deal he got and this a true case of what goes around comes around with him... its Karma kicking in... anyways check the boat out very well and look for water damage, personally I would never buy a submerged boat except for pennies on the dollar and my intentions would be to buy it strictly for the hull
"the things you own will start to own you"
racintj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racintj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 1:34pm
mikestyle, for one, we have not had a hurricane in FL since 2005, so I doubt an '06 would be flooded from a hurricane. That does not mean that the owner at some point didn't sink the boat, forget to remove the plug during a storm, etc. If the boat was totaled by an insurance company, then the FL title should say so ("Rebuild" on the title). If it has a KY title, I'm not sure what their laws are, but I would try to find out why he changed the title to KY.
Every day above ground is a Good day.

Lakeland, FL
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 1:54pm
Brandon of Central Kentucky Inboards brokers boats, most likely he is only involved as a middleman or sales agent, if that boat has in fact been sunk I would imagine even a general inspection would determine such.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 3:21pm
Eric, what is European wired?

and like tj said, do your homework...it worked back then and will now as well!

my first move would be to politely ask quinner to help me...IMHO he's respected here and seems to know your middle man personally

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 3:28pm
6 volts and wierd plugs and so on,
the guy burned me twice on a couple issues but thats here nor there and that is what i meant by the Karma thing,
Quinner helped me out on a issue i had and is a stand up guy and if he can find something out he will
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 3:32pm
Ha! can you say Lotus?!!?   LOL

and I thought I had quinner pegged...I've done a lot of reading here...wait till my next original post?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 3:41pm
just had to add this for any younger guys and gals who might stumble across this thread...

if you ever wondered what your grandparents or that old hippie meant by Karma...find out!

it's the only way to go!
1988 BFN-sold

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2007 at 3:52pm
Do not know Brandon personally however have spoken with him regarding a CC I had for sale as well as some CC's that he was offering for sale, he was very professional and responsive not to mention CKI has been around for some time and IIRC he aspires to be a CC dealer, regardless if I were buying I would have a fellow CCFan'er in the area take a look at it if possible and/or the local CC dealer or accredited surveyor. Also note that for a fee the factory warranty can be transferred although I am not sure the exact procedure required.

European wired is a type of bikini most often seen on Reid's beach.
mikestyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2007 at 5:11am
ok i have talked to Miami Ski Nautiques and they reasured me the boat is fine and has never been underwater thanks for the tips looks like i will be picking it up soon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic