NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft "Corvette" model?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft "Corvette" model?
    Posted: July-03-2007 at 2:21am
Im wondering if anyone has ever heard of a "Corvette" model of Correct Craft boat supposedly made in the 60's? I have a friend that says he saw one at a boat show some years ago.

It had a 62 corvette-style interior, steering wheel, emblems,etc.

We're not sure if it could have been a factory prototype or something that someone built as a "custom"? Any help?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2007 at 2:52am
There is a newer Corvette boat that was made by Malibu ?? I think.There was one on Green Lake last year during the Reunion.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2007 at 3:14am
Malibu's Corvette boat ran 97-2000. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2007 at 3:36am
Yeah, Ive seen the "newer" Malibu/Corvettte...

Im talking about a 60s vintage Corvette model made by / or from a Correct Craft. This was during the time of all the Mustangs, Barracudas, Wildcats, etc..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
lumiecraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumiecraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2007 at 5:13am
Could have been someones version of what a Vette Correct Craft would be if it were actually offered. Had to match the other guys you know. One up them as well. That would be an interesting look.
If you don't get it, be patient, you will.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2007 at 3:18pm
Dont know what company it was but I saw a Corvette inboard. It looked like the early Moomba or Malibu for hull design. But it was very low to the water and had seating all the way around the motor. It was bright red with red interior. The Corvette was in metallic gold in huge letters on the sides. This was about six years back. Never seen anything like it since then.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2007 at 5:34pm
Bill, I am guessing that what you saw was the Malibu Corvette Edition Brian mentioned above

Just noticed something. Looks like they might have had Tim come in and do the exhaust system on that boat for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic