Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Replacement Decals

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Replacement Decals
    Posted: July-02-2007 at 1:16pm
Ok, I made the trip to Indiana and back with the new(to me now) 1991 Yellow And Black SKi NAutique CB. Let's just say that Chicago traffic on a saturday early afternoon with the Cubs playing the Brewers is not a recommended route, asy add on of 3 hours!! sux
Now for the question of the day. The boat has quite a bit of fading in the yellow main stripe. I assume i can take the decals off the side with a heat gun, have the gel coat buffed out and put new decals on? I have seen online gelcoat restorers also. Do any of these work without having to buff?
Next, where can i buy the exact replacement decals? I want to get "original" decals, although I would like to change the color from a gray to black. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Dan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2007 at 2:42pm
Dan, congrats! Lets see some pics.

Youre correct about the fading- it can be brought back by stripping it down and buffing it out. Depending on how faded/oxidized it is, wetsanding might be required- but try hitting it with some compound first. Restoring the shine is pretty easy- the color can be a little harder.

I dont think that the gelcoat color restorers are a good idea. From what I gather, they are only a temporary solution that adds another clearcoat layer of material. If you buff it out the right way and protect it with wax, it will shine for a long time.

The replacement decals should still be available through a dealer. I got a set for my '90 through White Lake Marine last year.
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2007 at 3:21pm
I'll get some pictures soon. They will be "before" pictures though, lol. Like Isaid it needs a real good buffing and major trailer rework. The trailer was off a Malibu so not much to work with. I'll need a new, wider axle with brakes(none on it now), and new bunks, "v" bunk, and for lack of a better term "ram boards" to stop the boat in the best place. It's a good thing I own a metaf fab shop cause it's going to take some time. The boat idled a little rough so I turned that up a bit. It really starts hard first time, not sure what to do about that yet, we'll see.
Thanks for the help guys!
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic