Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new interior

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new interior
    Posted: June-21-2007 at 4:32pm
This winter I am thinking about redoing my interior in my boat. My Marauder has a lot more room than most 72 CC's so I was thinking of doing something a little different than the usual.

I know it is not the original look but I think it is a lot more practical for me. What do you guys think? How many of you have done your own interior? My Girl friends dad says we can do it! I am not worried about building it but I do have some question about doing the rest ourself...

This is a rendering I did to see if I would like it.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2007 at 5:11pm
If it is your only boat, I say go ahead and customize it for maximum usability. I am starting tonight on a new motor cover that will respect the original design and lines of the boat, but provide much more functionality a for a family boat.

I can always take her back to 'Brainard Approved' originality when the kids are in college and I have 3 boats to choose from.

Your design looks great although you are really crowding the guy in front.
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2007 at 7:07pm
Are those round things speakers? If so, you might want to talk to the Boat Dr. He put all of his speakers, amp, etc up in the bow of the boat and was able to turn that unused space into a speaker box. Anyway, it's worth a shot to talk to him and see how he did it.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2007 at 7:16pm
i really like it - are you guys going to do the upolstry or the framing or both - might as well and some storage under those rear seats - i added some to our little boat and it has made a ton of difference
68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 9:11am
Yes we are going to do it all our self from the frame up and I was going to put storage under the seats and where it comes all the way across the motor box I am going to have a built in cooler because I hate when I have all of that junk laying around....

Thanks

B
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 9:31am
I think you're being a little too generous with the amount of available space.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 9:40am
68', I have to agree with Hollywood in that the design looks ok in a 21 footer plus, but pretty agressive for the real available space. Looks like the seat bottoms would come out about 12" max???

Nice ideas though, best of luck...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 10:24am
I guess I would think the same if I had never been in the boat before but it is quite a bit bigger than the other boats in the 70s and it is 20ft long. I actually traced over the old interior to draw this rendering so I know I have very close to the same space as what you see here!I am going to shorten the back seat by a couple of inches because it is a little two deep and I have a little room to shorten the motor box so that should give me plenty of room for the seat across the back of the motor box, but yes you are right it will not be a very deep seat. Right now when we usually ride on the river we ride 9 people in the boat at a time, it is pretty good size. I am also going to take out the side panels which will give me another 4in on either side.

77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 12:20pm
wow - again i like what your after - but man, that interior you have is soooo nice. after seeing what you already have its a tough call for me
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 12:23pm
Well, only you would know this special boat 68'... It does look pretty broad across the transom...

Well, carry on and show us the progress along the way.. Make sure you design cooler space somewhere !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

68lemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68lemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 12:26pm
It looks good in the pic but it pretty worn and I am running out of room for things!

Thnaks again
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2007 at 12:35pm
I've thought about building basically another back bench (you could use your current front bench???), and flipping it so it faces rearward, fitting in the floor space between the original back seat and motor box.

What's with the "L" shaped front observer bench?

Lime is so hot right now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic