NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new love

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new love
    Posted: May-21-2007 at 1:58pm
I finally got my 85 BFN on the water yesterday. She ran like a champ. Three of us footed, but it was chilly, 53 degrees. The boat looks, sounds, and runs great. Now I know why all you guys love your Correct Crafts so much. I'm at my office trying to figure out how I can get back on the water. I feel I'm going to start neglecting everything else in my life. It's supposed to hit 85 degrees on Wednesday. Oh no, I think I'm coming down with a 24 hour flu Tuesday night.
I love this boat.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 2:04pm
Hey tull,

Congratulations on the new boat, maiden voyage and footin' with some friends. Doesnt get any better than that does it? Well, maybe it could be a little warmer. But anyway, glad you had a good time. We all know the feeling of trying to figure out how to play hookie and get in a few runs during the day. Not any more, but at my last job, the boat was docked five minutes from the office. The guys in my group at work thought it was a nice perk going water skiing at lunch time.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 4:00pm
Thanks Tique
I enjoyed your "30 Years" photos. I also love that 75 Tique. If I didn't need the HP's for barefoot racing, I might have gone with a Tique.
What makes owning this BFN tough for me is that I live on a lake that has a 90hp outboard max. I can't even put this boat on my lake. But what helps is that I will be keeping it at my brother-in-laws house, on a lake that is 3 miles from my office. This lake has a fun bar with docking and great pizza. It also has an island that rivals MM's sandbar.
Should be a great summer.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

MCRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 4:25pm
Tull,
Congratulations on the first BF Session.
Hopefully this will help with the boat envy that you seem to be having with your brother .('')

Maybe you should just move onto a bigger lake,or better yet move onto Lake Sherwood and buy a boat bigger then your Brothers.

Just a suggestion.   ('')

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2007 at 7:39pm
tullfooter,

If your brother-in-laws lake has a sandbar that competes with MM's sign me up for a week end out there with you. I would like to try to get up there on sunday sometime, if the invite is still open sometime this summer. Plus some ski sets and footin runs would be great.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 5:40am
87BFN
I've got to say, the White Lake island is a nice place to hang on a hot Sat/Sun. 25-50 boats with matching micro bikinis. The invitation is there when we get the hoist in and the weather gets warmer.
We are heading out there tomorrow after work to get some runs in and have some pops at the Inn. But it will take a couple of weeks and some warmth to get the island hopping.
Did you get your boat back from Eric?
I want to talk to you about the stringer work you had done. Mine is going to need it next winter.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 6:40am
i ran the new boat last night from Sandusky causeway to Port Clinton its about a one hour run in 3 to 4 footers, almost didnt find a gas station to fuel though, im sitting here trying to figure out how i can go up again and run out to put in bay,
I got one of the sweetest deals ever on a boat and forgot how much i missed boating, sometimes you get numb when you work on them all the time, at times yesterday we were popping the boat on some 6 footers and just gliding over the tops.
it was a sunset that you couldnt forget and its so early in the year on lake erie, we took our chances running the boat, the minute i fired the boat i left all my thoughts behind
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 7:37am
Eric
Congrats on the boat. Sounds like there was a robbery somewhere.
I don't know if there is a better place in the world than on the water. When I wake in the morning, I raise my head off my pillow and look out at the lake and it puts a smile on my face. Then I get pissed that it's not the weekend.
Enjoy the new boat, but don't neglect the shop, that boat runs on gas.
Side note- I'm at the gas station on Sunday, filling my new/old 85BFN with $3.39/gal gas, and the guy next to me says "that has to hurt". I replied that I couldn't be happier. I had my two sons with me, heading to the lake for some barefooting. I told the guy that I hope to be filling the boat up often. Because that means I've gotten to use it often.
That may sound strange to some but, life is short, boats are cool.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 7:44am
Forgot to tell you guys. Don't pay any attention to MCRick. That's my brother. He just bought a MC X-1. His first non-pontoon boat. Cut him a break, he's new to inboards.
Actually, we grew up on the lake he lives on and we both are new owners of our first inboards. It must be that I'm older and wiser and that's why I chose Correct Craft.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 9:40am
Hey Tull, where you at? Lake Sherwood that you talk about sounds so familiar but can't place it. That near Wi. Rapids?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 10:14am
Tull,

Yes I got the boat back from Eric. Stringers look good. Yeah some warm weather would be nice. Going to be hot tomorrow and the boat is all torn apart. Not very happy about that. I know what you mean about the boat being close to work. My brother works right across the street from the lake that I use my boat on. He works days I work afternoons, so it should work out just fine, we can hit a couple runs each every day that I don't have stuff to do.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 12:02pm
Backfoot
Nope, wrong state. We are in southeast MI, 40 miles northwest of Detroit. I'm not that far from 87BFN, Ypsilanti.

87, what's torn up on your boat? What's your target to have her in the water? Rumor has it there's a long weekend coming up.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 2:57pm
Tullfooter,

I heard that ruomor about the long week end. I am hoping to have everythingback together for this week end. I have one Hi Tek on, new distribuor should be here today. Ordered the wrong one the first time. New hoses to fit the Hi Teks should be here tomorrow.

Tull what octane are you running in your 454?
waterskier2007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterskier2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 6:41pm
MCRick and tullfooter are both tools, and they cant ski nearly as good as their son or nephew. i heard hes a god among waterskiers. haha just messin around. but seriously MCRick, the nautique will kill the X-1, unless it is wakeboarding you are talking about
-Brendan Kirchner
Glass is made to be shattered

85BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 7:07pm
Tullfooter,

The BFN is running like a top, little more fine tuning but is ready for the water anytime. Maybe we could get together sometime.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 8:08pm
tull, congrats on your great boat. I was wondering where it's that cold (53?) still. Yikes. Once you go CC you'll never go back.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2007 at 9:04pm
the dude, when he posted that it was late may, here in Michigan we got a late start on the warm weather.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 2:00am
You could have written: "Dude, you're an idiot. Look at the post date." Another reason to like the forum...the members don't call me a moron (at least to my face)!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 11:11am
Nice to hear back. Sounds like you guys had a great time in GL.
I'm jealous as hell. Glad to hear your boat is running good. It looks great in the pictures. Mike Siepel driving for barefoot training? How cool was that. That dude was my idol back when I saw him do a "bridge flyer" on the show That's Incredble.
I haven't run my boat in a couple of weeks and I think it needs a tune up. This weekend is jammed but next week I will bring it to my house for the tune up.
In the next couple of weeks we should drop these boats in. As I said, White Lake would be a great place.
Sept 22nd there is a barefoot endurance race in Big Rapids. You should get a 4-man team together and enter. You don't have to foot, you can be the designated driver. Last year out of 8 boats, the first three places were BFN's.
Congrats on learning how to foot at GL.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

MCRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 11:43am
Originally posted by waterskier2007 waterskier2007 wrote:

MCRick and tullfooter are both tools, and they cant ski nearly as good as their son or nephew. i heard hes a god among waterskiers. haha just messin around. but seriously MCRick, the nautique will kill the X-1, unless it is wakeboarding you are talking about

Well I Guess next time I put the X-1 up against the Nautique, I'll have to drain the 1,000lbs of ballast and have only 2 people in the boat for a more balanced race.    & P.S. It is about the Wakeboarding! (But you can still pull a skier, footer and your Dad Tubing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 12:02pm
MC, you gotta be a DJ with a name like that, Im biased on ski boats... when i buoght my 96 sport 176 the place i bought it from which i wont mention badmouthed Mastercrafts to the end and bragged in thier sales pitch that a CC was far superior.. and wouldnt you know it 2 months later he dropped the CC line and started selling Mastercraps. with pun i could say correct craps but i wont. there both great boats but if it came down to it again a CC would be in the drive
MCRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 12:22pm
Eric, I Agree they are both great boats, I just have to give Tullfooter and son a little crap since they are family and they bought the CC not the MC.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 1:26pm
There is a Skylon extended tower for sale on Craigslist detroit.
"Wake Board Wakeboard Pole Mastercraft Malibu - $150"
Thought you might be interested. It's in Ypsi
I've got the same one. Great for wakeboarding and barefooting.
Sorry I couldn't post the direct link. I'm not that good on this machine.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 10:20pm
Tull
thanks I will check it out, yeah a couple weeks would be cool for white lake, maybe we can figure out a time for sure. I know 3, maybe you can be the fourth, Have to get hollywood, quinner, and johny to come down though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 10:41am
I've already got a team put together for the race. We've had the same team for a couple of years. We are not that good yet but we have a great time.
Sounds like those three guys did some serious rough water footin in GL. They would make good racers considering the sh*t water we run through during the race.
We'll put something together for White Lake in the near future. I'll look at my calendar and see what looks good.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2007 at 11:29am
dont worry MC im not the serious type and 99% of the time im lmao as i type and read, i can dish it out and i can take it too...
waterskier2007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterskier2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2007 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by MCRick MCRick wrote:

Originally posted by waterskier2007 waterskier2007 wrote:

Well I Guess next time I put the X-1 up against the Nautique, I'll have to drain the 1,000lbs of ballast and have only 2 people in the boat for a more balanced race.    & P.S. It is about the Wakeboarding! (But you can still pull a skier, footer and your Dad Tubing.

yeah but, my dad just drove an atb with the 90 horse outboard at the house yesterday, with me and tim skiing
-Brendan Kirchner
Glass is made to be shattered

85BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic