NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boat changes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat changes
    Posted: April-16-2007 at 10:49pm
In 90 cc went to a new style for the SN but not the BFN anyone know why?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 8:58am
They're different models, why would they have anything to do with each other? I would imagine having 2 new boats out in 1 year would be like having twins, not necessarily twice the work but significantly more than just one.

Not that you'd want 2 new models in one year, but if CC did was there enough factory space for new parts/molds equipment?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 4:05pm
Good point never thought about from that point of view. Just seams like the BFN had changed over the years at the same time as the SN with all the other previous changes.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 4:07pm
Then again CC most likely new they were going to make the new BFN share a hull with the excell and decided to wait and just run the BFN one more year with the 2001 hull. But why take the 2001 decals of it?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 4:20pm
I believe the DD BFN only had one hull from 78-90. Im guessing it was only marked as a 2001 so it would share a family resemblance to the Ski Nautique- their hulls werent related as far as I know.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 4:36pm
TRBenj I know the base of the hull between the SN and the BFN where different but above the water line they were close to the same. Although I know some one is going to let me know how much they were different. Same interior, same colors, same wind shield, stuff like that. Then all of a sudden 90 came and the SN went to a tapered tail, smooth bow, interior changes.

I think a BFN with the 90 SN styling but still keeping the BFN hull would have looked great and been a much better product then the BFN v drives. But CC was going in a new direction with the BFN I know but just my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic