NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attn. Gear Heads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attn. Gear Heads
    Posted: April-11-2007 at 6:35pm
I will be finishing my project, as far as my part is concerned. I need help with the engine. 1973 455 olds all stock and original, except for new gaskets and seals.I need advice, because I am out of my element and don't know what to do, to get more power and reliability. I also want it to look good too. I don't know a whole lot about this stuff. Thanks Scott
Scott
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 6:54pm
Scott... the boat looks good on Ebay, why are you giving up on that? Im glad to see you want to keep it, I think that is one cool looking boat and I like the way you are going to set it up! That motor should be close to 325hp stock, just put an intake and a dress up kit on it, and it will look as good as Jbears motor..
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 7:11pm
Glad to hear your going to finish her. Give me call.   

Gary
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 7:17pm
Mark, The engine I want to spend $$ on is the one in the Sidewinder. I just don't want to start another project( the 67 CC )after spending a year on the SW because of all the dust and fumes I would have to breath. (Doctors advice).
I don't know why people aren't bidding on the 67.The Correct Craft chrome emblems are worth $200. not to mention the engine that goes with it! I may be keeping it after all. Maybe I didn't spend enough time on the add for ebay.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 7:20pm
Gary, I don't know where I put your #. Email it to me, It's in my profile. Scott
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2007 at 11:13pm
Scott: I am glad as well that you are sticking with the project. I quess these new dr's orders is gonna slow down the process of getting to my '80. I was serious a while back when we talked here about getting it up to you. I don't have the skill, time or place to do it myself. As far as your engine, just invite Backfoot, 79, MM and his bro and Blondie up for one of those beautiful Ohio Spring weekends. All you'll have to do is feed them and they'll make your engine look as sweet as mine, plus you will have a blast.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2007 at 8:21pm
John,Wet sanding is alot different than grinding and dry sanding fiberglass. Who knows..Maybe I can get to it when you vist Norris lake, or next year. You aren't in a big hurry are you?
On a different note. I'm getting ready to take my test for my CDL on Tues. I applied for a school bus driving job, since I can't play with boats anymore, and I know you drive or drove a school bus. Anything you want to tell me or warn me about? Scott
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2007 at 9:35pm
Cool Scott. I got lots to tell ya but not here. A personal phone call would be much better. Next week maybe? If you send me a personal e-mail I will send ya my phone number or you could just include yours.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2007 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Cool Scott. I got lots to tell ya but not here. A personal phone call would be much better. Next week maybe? If you send me a personal e-mail I will send ya my phone number or you could just include yours.

john

You got it
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic