NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CC on Sopranos

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CC on Sopranos
    Posted: April-10-2007 at 11:31am
The latest had Sopranos episode had two "CC" sightings in it. One was an old Chris Craft wooden runabout at Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri's summer lake home and in a later scene Tony beeps his car horn at an attractive skier being pulled by a late model SN! Anybody else notice?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 11:46am
Watched that episode last night, That old CC woody was cool! Absolutely saw the little hottie skiing with no vest on, thought that was a 2003+ SN pulling her also.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 11:47am
I seen it! I thought that was a CC with the skier behind it but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I loved Bobby's wooden Chris Craft. Sweet boat!

I'm a big fan of the Soprano's. I've watched every episode at least twice. Too bad this will be the last season, seems like there is a lot more David Chase could do with the characters.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 11:54am
BTW - It may not be a coincidence that those CC's appeared in the show. I have heard that a lot of companies pay to advertise their products on this show. I think the advertising term is "product placement".
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 12:09pm
The product placement is almost getting insulting in Sopranos. The Taylor Made product placement in the latest episode was ridiculous. GM is a big advertiser as well. In this case, I don't think it was product placement because they would have at least gotten a newer SN to tow the skier, and they would have made sure you knew the brand name. Now, the Chris Craft was definately NOT coincidence! They showed the brand name close up several times and with Chris Craft's recent revival of their runabout line it could very well be product placement to have that old nostalgic woodie in this episode.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 1:56pm
Tony should have capped Bobby when they pulled over to take a squirt. That was way out of line sucker-punching Tony. No respect.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 7:19pm
Sopranos is Boss! They are showing all the repeats on A&E on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9pm. Two episodes every night. I do nothing else but sit in front of the tube on those evenings.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 9:01pm
...love the Sopranos and hate to see the show end. I really don't think that Correct Craft placed that boat towing the hottie with no vest on. The company is very strong on moral values, and perhaps you've noticed, and as much as I appreciate the talent in the show, there aren't too many morals being portrayed on the show. I'm with you John on Monday and Wednesday nights....and Bobby may well pay for that sucker punch later in the season....I hope not though...there are several other people that need to get whacked.   
Heath
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2007 at 9:17pm
Heath: You are nearby me right, at least in the Central Florida area I think. Maybe we need to get together for a "Sopranos Nite". I sure have enjoyed meeting guys like MM, Reid, JEFF KOSTIS, 79, the Lake, Backfoot and others. BlondieGurl too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 1:55pm
John, if I remember correctly you are in Lake Wales....I'm in Maitland/Winter Park. I'd love to do a boys night with the Tony and the crew....my problem is I own a business, or rather it owns me, I've got a very pregnant wife - due in July - and a 16 month old son already...and not enough time on the Nautique!    
Heath
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 8:47pm
You do remember correctly, Heath. Maybe we'll make it some other time. Hopefully a bunch of us will get together for the Reunion. Like I said, would love to meet up with you guys....but sure do understand how busy it can get with the family.

What kind of biz do ya own, if ya don't mind me asking?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 9:13pm
John, yes my time is spread thin. I own a Pinch-A-Penny Pool retail store and service business and my wife and her business partner own a childrens clothing store. If you have a pool and ever have any questions/concerns etc that I can help with just holler. That goes for anyone else on the site too.       
Heath
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 9:19pm
Bet thats a good biz down here...at least I hope so.

We'll meet up sometime I bet.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 10:03pm
jbear...I was out on the Butler chain today, and a guy walked up to me and said he saw my boat on CCF, then he started talking about you and what a nice guy you are and how you pulled his boat to shore one day on your lake, his name was (87martinique) I think, whata small world "huh" heres his Boat..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 10:14pm
Mark; That boat looks way better than the day me and mrs jbear first saw it. Yes we met him and his family out by Cypress Gardens one day. He could not get started. Had just bought the boat. Said the gas gauge did not work but "the PO filled it up for me". I said "yeah sure". Pulled him thru a thunderstorm and the 2 canals to get back to where we put in. Then drove him to get gas. Came back, put gas in and it fired right up. He took my number and address but we never heard from him again. He used to be on here but I ain't seen him in awhile. BTW, mrs jbear drove while I enjoyed a beer. Even thru the canals. She sure can drive and just ain't afraid. Can't believe he would just start up talking to you about me. Must have connected us because of the post with all our pics on it testing the '80. Small world. His boat sure looks better, he must have done alot to it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 10:29pm
Yeah...He told us that story, his name is tim, he said he reads all the time but has not posted in a while(nice guy with a nice family) they followed us over to the wake board competition, he did not run out of gas today..
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 10:54pm
John, Sounds like you have a keeper (your wife). I got a keeper too..she's just not a skipper though.
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2007 at 11:53pm
Scott; We gonna talk this week?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 10:16am
Heard the Lake filming for that episode actually took place on Lake Candlewood in CT, this really roused my curiosity since we have a place on Candlewood. I will let you guy's know if we find the Hottie with no vest skiing this summer.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2007 at 11:43pm
cool. Maybe you could get a pic of you on your boat in front of Bobby's lake house
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic