NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tranny fluid change ??? for Eric/others

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tranny fluid change ??? for Eric/others
    Posted: April-01-2007 at 8:23pm
Went done to the lake today to do a bit of housekeepeing. Checked the boat out, 95 SNOB with 1.23 tranny. I am heading back down next weekend to change the oil/tranny fluid.
   I have always used the suck it out..add it back method. bUT, i RECALLED A POST A WHILE BACK FROM eRIC lAVINE ABOUT DISCONNECTING THE (000PS CAPSlock sorry) tranny line to the cooler and starting it up to pump it out.
   How does this sound: Add a couple of extra quarts of DextronIII, warm the boat up, stop motor, remove tranny line, place in bucket, start motor and run in neutral until no more fluid comes out. Shut down motor, replace fluid line. Add DexronIII. This sound ok? How much fluid should I have to add to be about right?

Thanks guys, I just want to make sure i start the year out right. Kids want to try and ski next week, spring break....I might even give it a go! Put on a new prop! Thanks to all!

ernest
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 9:06pm
buy a 2 dollar large tin pan at your local supermarket and rempve the plug from tranny...its a 7 mm allen wrench drain plug on pcms..get the boat to noraml temps first so its nice and warm first!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic