NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Redneck quad hauler

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redneck quad hauler
    Posted: March-28-2007 at 10:36pm

I came to work this morning and noticed this in the parking lot . I thought boat dr might know him . I found out who it belonged to and asked him why. He said he didnt have a trailer or truck . Can you say INTELLIGENT??

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2007 at 10:39pm
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2007 at 10:45pm
I don't know. It looks like he's going to be having some fun. I see all of these post with snow mobiles in them, but we grew up with mini-bikes, three-wheelers and four-wheelers. We had a blast and I would say that we would have done just about anything to get one where we were going. I say kudos to that redneck.

-JMurph
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2007 at 11:12pm
Pat,
Good thing he has that "baloney-slicer" on the deck lid!...I think?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2007 at 11:44pm
I think he has it pitched up towards the front . That way when he comes to a dip in the road it will fly over it instead of bottoming out his suspension.

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 2:00pm
Company car??
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 2:44pm
When I had a Tacoma we used to haul 3 dirtbikes and a 4wheeler in it's tiny little bed. Put the 4wheeler front tires up on the roof of the cab, the back tires on boards that we'd secured to my toolbox and the dirt bikes set with their front tires against the toolbox and their back tires on the edge of the lowered tailgate.

To add to the fun, the truck was lifted 7.5" and had 35" tires...so getting each thing up in it was a real good time.

There used to be a guy who raced the series we raced who would bring his dirtbike to the track laid down sideways hanging out of the back of his hatchback. It was hilarious.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 4:17pm
Man that is some funny stuff, I thought the things I see around my house are funny. Never seen anything like that before.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 7:34pm
pallen, sorry to bust your bubble ,but he ain't a redneck.The car would not be any cleaner than the 'wheeler.
And you say you found out his name,bet it was not BUBBA,I REST MY CASE>>>>>>
He Ain't A Redneck,We DO Have Scruples..............boat dr
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 8:26pm
all i can say is WOW..........
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 8:37pm
there are no words that i can think of that describe this, i could see whoever's four wheeler that is and saying its my ma's car she dont mind
"the things you own will start to own you"
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 9:07pm
Eric I thinks would most likely go, it's my mom's car please don't tell her!
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 9:52pm
On the flip side of the "not a redneck" argument: It is a Pontiac...so the possibility still exists.
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2007 at 11:28pm
I wonder how many beers led to that idea...d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 9:21am
Originally posted by duffnit duffnit wrote:

I wonder how many beers led to that idea...d

None... that sh*t's ingrained from birth. haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 11:41am
I think that guy also hauls boat lifts around on a Ford Ranger..
hey- whatever works for you...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 1:38pm
Any port in a storm I always say, The last couple years I had my 1985 300zx you wouldnt believe the stuff I put on, in, and pulled behind that thing. Actually had a very good sized (3 kegs lying down, and a freshman recuit to keep them from rolling around) hatchback, necessity is the mother of redneck invention.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 4:02pm
Hey,

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

or

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 9:19am
do you think they drive the trucks down the ramp to luanch? i could see the old coger sayin, close the windows hun, hittin the brakes really hard so she'll slide right in
whens the last time you ever seen a dually Toyota? with f-in trailer fenders
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 1:32pm
On the body style previous to that one there were actually a lot of one ton toyota dualies made, most became the basis of campers and moving vans. Hell of a sweet setup I always thought, not a lot of speed but very reliable and great mileage. I would love one of those small 80's toyota campers...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 3:14pm
redneck.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 5:42pm
I know what a redneck is....kinda, but what is the true explanation of the word redneck?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2007 at 7:53pm
depends on what state your in eric.whats the difference between a hillbilly and a redneck?..had a guy want to kick my ass for calling him a hillbilly...told me "i aint no mother fu**ing hillbilly, im a redneck.".i told him i was sorry that i got the two confused!.lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 3:56pm
is it anything like a farmers tan? is it because you wear a bandana around your neck?
no pun Farmer
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 4:05pm
Erick, I looked this up and found it to be a good explanation of said culture;
Redneck, in modern usage, predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of people who may be found in many regions of the United States or Canada. Originally limited to Appalachia and the American South, and later the Ozarks and Rocky Mountains, this stereotype is now widespread in other states and the Canadian provinces. The word can be used either as a pejorative or as a matter of pride, depending on context.
Just leave it to the damn yankees to dilute our culture,the same as Blacken Catfish,now everyone can have it or anybody can be a redneck..............boat dr
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 12:11am
WHAT ???????? English!!!!!!!!!!!
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 7:23am
BD, you sound like the commander from Texas, talked for 10 minutes and i still dont know why they came up with the word Redneck, is it from a bad razor? I really thought it derived from cowboys wearing bandanas around thier necks...i dont know.
oh yeah, no k in Eric lol
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2007 at 11:08am
As I understand it the term 'redneck' was from the farmers working in the fields under the hot sun. Since they work toward the ground they would get sunburn on their necks.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2007 at 11:42pm
I'm just gonna watch this conversation, and probably chuckle a few times along the way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic