NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What to do when your Hard Drive Crashes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do when your Hard Drive Crashes
    Posted: March-08-2007 at 2:36pm
The hard drive in my lap top (Dell) just melted down. After getting the new one installed, I immediately opened up Firefox and surfed over to CCfan.com. Then I set it as a bookmark. Man, do I feel better now.

If your hard drive crashes and you get a new one, try this as your first step.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 4:29pm
Dude, hope you had everything backed up when you lost your HD. I've seen people rely on their laptop hard drive to store all their pictures, music, important doc's, etc. and not have a back up copy. Bad Idea! Laptop hard drives have a lot higher failure rate than a normal HD.

Firefox IMHO is the best browser out there. Much nicer than Internet Exposer. If your running version 2.0 it has an integrated spell check. Real nice feature for us posters who can't spell... May be a good idea for some of the CCF members (79 comes to mind) You can also download some cool add-ons such as integrated MP3 player and, my favorite, Bookmark synchronizer to make all the computers you use have the same bookmarks .

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 5:18pm
Randy, let me know when your ready for that HP with the virus
   eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2007 at 7:28pm
Eric, If your still available to pull that prop Saturday you could bring it to the shop with you, then I could bring it back to you the following week.

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 7:26am
It'll have to be next saturday, i have a craft and donut day with mt daughter at her school at 9:30 to 11:00 so probably wont make...and im nursing the end of the winter cold
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2007 at 9:08am
No problem, It looks like it is going to rain anyway, and I would rather not get it all dirty since I am still working on buffing.
We'll shoot for next Saturday.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic