NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Barefoot Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 12:55pm
Don't you worry 87, the doctor is in.

Hey Dank, I like the ballast system you put in your boat. Where do I get such a system?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 4:37pm
Right now I've just got two Launchpad bags and a pump we run from the cigarette lighter. I've got plans to build in the ballast system, but you know how plans are :)

btw, here's a pic of the wake. I don't remember the exact weight setup this day.

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 4:43pm
Dank,
I was referring to the human ballast system shown in the bottom pictures of your diary post.
Forget your plans and keep doing it the way you are.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 4:54pm
ahhhh...They were a little light, that's why I had to get so many of them ;)
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 4:59pm
Dank more is always better, when they are that size.

Tullfooter, will have to have you out on the lake with us when outback day rolls around. Usually couple times a summer all the girls that work with my wife like to go out on the boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:02pm
I'm there, how about tomorrow.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:10pm
Dank,

About how fast are you boarding in the picture? Your wake looks pretty flat and smooth. At 20MPH, my wake is a more defined rooster tail. You look like you're humming along at higher speeds by the look of your wake.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:16pm
I thought the same thing. I figured the rider was setting up for a wakeboard bomb out to barefoot.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:26pm
I thought it was just me that thought that about the wake, so I kept my mouth shut. I would guess some where in the range of 25-30, I would say closer to 30.

Tullfooter I think it is a little early for my wives friends to be out in bikinis, well I don't but they do. Plus Eric still has my boat. Wont be long though. They are chickens I usually can't get them out on the water until late June.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:38pm
Never too early. My wife and two of her friends were suntanning on the dock last Sunday, sipping marguaritas (spelling?). My two sons were swimming off the dock on Tuesday. My thing would turn inside out if I jumped in.
If the girls are in bikinis, a pontoon will do.
We'll set it up for the summer, kind of a mini Michigan CC reunion.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 5:52pm
sounds good to me, you might not have seen it. But I tell all my wives friends and my friends that are women already know it. Any woman not related to me must be wearing a bikini to get on the boat.

All the guys that go on the boat seem to like the rule.

I will have to see if I have outback day pics from two years ago.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2007 at 8:22pm
We normally ride about 22mph...the wake gets pretty flat pretty quick.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2007 at 8:02am
22 seems a bit fast for wakeboarding/wakeskating. We like to ride between 17-20, 20 for us bigger guys. I know it sounds picky, but the wake is much better and the crashes are softer on this 44yr old body.
It sounds strange but I've been footin' since I was 13 and other that one crash (dislocated shoulder), my hardest falls have been wakeboarding.
It's like snowboarding, with your feet locked together, no time to prepare for the hit.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2007 at 8:30am
Similiar rule in the hot tubs. No bathing suits, it screws up the filtration system.
Thanks for the info on the strait 40wt oil. That's what I'll run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2007 at 6:52pm
When I get a hot tub will have to remember that rule.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2007 at 11:05am
Here's some shots of the BFN's "wakeboarding" wake.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2007 at 5:53pm
Hollywood I thought I was the only bastard that crazy on two skies now I know there are more of us. I love to see if I can clear the wake on two skies nice shots.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2007 at 3:40pm
Was browsing the reference section today and ran across this very interesting photo of a boom setup on an 80 BFN.
Has anyone seen this setup in person? Have photos?
link
It looks like one boom cable is connected to the front D ring (standard) and the other to the observers left breast...very odd...

Did CC offer factory "training bars"?
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2007 at 3:51pm
her left breast, that would hurt
"the things you own will start to own you"
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2007 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Did CC offer factory "training bras"?

Check the clothing section.

The 'line' you see is a triangular, rigid truss made of bar-stock to stiffen the whimpy bar. Early booms were really rigid, then sombody figgured out a little flex is a good thing.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2007 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Did CC offer factory "training bras"?

Check the clothing section.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:47pm
Cleaning my hard drive, found this picture thought it was pretty cool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic