NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Barefooting Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Barefooting Videos
    Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:35am
Here's me starting my barefoot career.

Ken Footn' and swallowing water

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:44am
Thanks for the laughs. WAY too fast but I'm sure you figured that out. I'll post PLBC's first step out one of these days, it's great.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:52am
It would be cool to see pictures or videos of everyone's first time footing, skiing or boarding. Funny stuff.

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:47am
Nice video Ken, thanks for sharing.
Can't wait to get out there this spring and give it another shot!
-Brad
btw- how did you convert the video?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:51am
Holy crap Ken, Where did you find a Nautique that could do 65 mph?

Excellent clip.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:02am
Yeah, my first attempt at stepping out was a disaster. Probably didn't step out until over a year later. Hollywood can throw a little compilation together.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:03am
I bought a converter by Dazzle at Best Buy, thanks to Kevin and Larry's advice. It cost around $50.00. I have a video tape that me and my buddies made in 1992 when I was 19 years young. I have plenty of more great shots to share.

I learned to foot off this particular Nautique. Any guesses on the year Nautique it is? I still see it on the lake today.

Brad, I'm counting the weeks until we're out there again. This year we'll share some boat hours. Got to get my new ACME 540 fixed soon.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:09am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Yeah, my first attempt at stepping out was a disaster. Probably didn't step out until over a year later. Hollywood can throw a little compilation together.

Do you have this on tape? I'd love to see how you guys started off. Yeah, stepping off was a little freaky at the time. I never trusted that my foot would stay above the water. Now, I don't even think twice about it.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Any guesses on the year Nautique it is? I still see it on the lake today.

Is that not your '86? Looks like it.

I still have to send my Acme out to be repaired as well- let me know how yours turns out.

Nice video!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 12:28pm
Tim, how do you take stills from a video?
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 12:32pm
Ken, Thought you were going to eat the boom the first time you lost your footing! thanks for the laffs and memories.
I'm ready to see PLBC the virgin, rack it up Hollywood.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Tim, how do you take stills from a video?

Quick trigger finger on the "Print Scrn" button.
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 1:08pm
Great stuff Ken,

I dont see too much of that down here, But just wondering if anyone has ever messed the bottom of thier foot up from hitting a peice of debris ?   Thats what I think of when I see those footers
RootRacing
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Root Root wrote:

just wondering if anyone has ever messed the bottom of thier foot up from hitting a peice of debris?

A friend of mine hit a dropped ski. He could barely walk for weeks.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 1:20pm

Do you have this on tape? I'd love to see how you guys started off. Yeah, stepping off was a little freaky at the time. I never trusted that my foot would stay above the water. Now, I don't even think twice about it.

Ken

Yes it is already converted. I'll paint a little picture for you. I was on the handle off the boom in mid october. Placed one foot on surface of water, however proceeded to bring ski back behind my body before attempting to kick it off, you can see where it goes from there. I lost a contact and unzipped the barefoot suit without using my hands, woke up the next day and could barely move my lower back.

There are a bunch of good falls from all of us I'll throw on photobucket when I get a chance.
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

[QUOTE=Root] just wondering if anyone has ever messed the bottom of thier foot up from hitting a peice of debris?

The bottom of my feet are like leather, dont think anything will penetrat that.
Ok TMI back to work ..
RootRacing
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Root Root wrote:

Great stuff Ken,

I dont see too much of that down here, But just wondering if anyone has ever messed the bottom of thier foot up from hitting a peice of debris ?   Thats what I think of when I see those footers

About 1986. Foggy, but very smooth morning out on the river. After a storm and some high water, so there was some floating debris from the shoreline. Barefooting down the river, saw a board but too late and hit it. Hurt pretty good. Reached down to rub out the pain and stuck my thumb into where my heel should have been. I had just about cut my heel off. There was a large nail, pointy end sticking up through the board and curved over. My heel was hanging off my foot like an old broken shutter. My friend picked me up, couple mile ride back to the ramp, loaded up the boat, then about a 30 minute ride into the hospital. For some reason it didn't bleed too much. Held it up high with a towel wrapped around it. 31 stitches later and a a couple days of intravenous antibiodics (it was a river not known for its cleanliness) and a couple weeks on crutches and I was as good as new. But don't let this discourage you from trying...
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 2:14pm

Any guesses on the year Nautique it is?
Ken

Great video. The side window looks similar to the one on the Martinique we used to have. I'll say early 70s.

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 2:16pm
Ken, I will say it's an '88. Unfortunately there is nothing in that video to distinguish it from an '87. '86 also had the ring/finger pylon.

Tim, I've tried the Print Screen Key and it never works, that is while watching something in Windows Media Player. I'm a$$uming you did this directly off of YouTube.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Ken, I will say it's an '88.

Damn- cant be your '86 because of the teak trim. I'll guess '87.

Edit: You edit faster than I do HW. I did do the printscreen right off YouTube, but it works for me on WMP as well:

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 2:25pm
Larry,

Reading that hurt's my feet! Fortunately we are on a pretty clean lake however still try to do a pa$$ to survey before any foot runs. Bigger problem is our kick ski's getting run over, one of my neighbor's (Mr Magoo) ran over the best kick ski we have ever had, still miss that ski!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:19pm
The boat I learned on was a 1987 Ski Nautique. It was a pleasure to learn off of. We had many successful runs for years off that boat. I learned slalom off a 1982, SN 2001 when I was about 13. It's nice to have been surrounded by top quality ski boats growing up.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I'll guess '87.

The boat I learned on was a 1987 Ski Nautique.

What do I win?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:37pm
Free ticket to the boat show!!!

Tim, I know you have some videos or pics for us. Let's see them! You've been footn' for a while now.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:46pm
Larry,

I know you have more videos. Don't hold back, let's see them, fountain of youth.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 4:53pm
Nothing nearly as entertaining as yours, Ken!

I dont have much video at all actually- Ill have to put my video camera to work this summer.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:03pm
Gosh Ken, how young were you when those were taken? You look about 16!

HW: get those pics or vids of PLBC up here for all to enjoy.

Larry: I feel your pain, man. Hit a big ole sheephead just after a sweet grave-jump. Wasn't even looking where I was goin', to busy lookin' at our club dock to make sure everyone saw me. Still remember how bad it hurt. Lots of fish bones in the foot. We had a Doc in our club at the time and he cut me open to clean it out. Didn't get 'em all tho and boy did I get an infection and sick about 3 weeks later. Had to go and get the heel opened up again. Had to foot in a flip-flop taped to the foot for the summer. Boy those were the days!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Had to go and get the heel opened up again. Had to foot in a flip-flop taped to the foot for the summer.
john

Now that's a REAL man.Most guys would've sat out the rest of the summer!
   Nice footage Ken,have you gained some weight recently?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:27pm
Mike: If it would've been up to me I would've sat out a bit. But with the crew I ski with, not a chance. I am about the youngest (56) and we still go pretty hard down in Tennessee, just not quite as often.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2007 at 11:11am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Wasn't even looking where I was goin', to busy lookin' at our club dock to make sure everyone saw me.
john

Barefooting was always a real crowd pleaser in the old days. One day my buddies and I were out at the river, going back and forth in front of a small beach where a small group of people was sunning. When we went by, a young lady would hike up her shirt and shake her very ample bosoms at us.

We got quite cocky (pun intended) and decided it would not be at all out of line to say "Hey I barefoot, how about a B..J..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic